• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Loveland Powder Day, 10/21

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
First powder day of the season last Sunday at Loveland. Unfortunately, the middles of the trails had hardened up pretty bad overnight, but for adventurous folk such as myself who like skiing short-radius turns on the sides of the trails, it was a gorgeous powder day! Even found myself a few short segments of bumps. Didn't take many pix, I was too busy skiing powder :wink:

Loveland is a really neat area with a great vibe. While A-Basin was bursting at the seams with crazy Denver gapers, Loveland's lift line was a comfortable 3-5 minutes.

powderday.jpg

powderday1.jpg

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Well, I'm not exactly an ex-east coaster. Just on a temporary leave of absence to get me an edumacationizationalism, and do a little skiing along the way!

wa-loaf

Nice, it's raining here. Did anyone mention it was in the 80's for two days? :puke:

snoseek

very nice. I just bought my pass there online. The weather here sucks soooo bad. I need to leave now..................

snoseek

Pass prices are pretty good, aren't they?

very good. I will also be buying either the rmsp or the colorado pass when when i get out there. such a hard decision considering i know very little about colorado.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
very good. I will also be buying either the rmsp or the colorado pass when when i get out there. such a hard decision considering i know very little about colorado.

That decision depends on where you're actually going to be living. The rmsp is a great deal if you're in lake or summit counties, or nearby. The 5 mtn pass is good if you're going to be close to Keystone/Breck and within decent driving distance of Vail/Beave. Be aware that I70 does close between Summit county and Vail quite a lot. And I'm not sure how much you'll enjoy Breck unless all you like are groomers. Keystone is a little better, but is very terrain park oriented. A-Basin would by far be the best mountain on that pass.

IMHO, after being here and having a look at these mountains, you're best value if you really want to have fun and avoid the crowds would be to by the rmsp + an A-Basin pass (they're pretty dang cheap). You could hit Loveland on occasion, and the day tickets are only around $50.

snoseek

I'm going to live in golden, so i have to drive up 70 every day.... I think i'll probably end up with loveland and the RMSP because winter park and copper both sound pretty cool. I also picked up a gems card to get discounts to some of the lesser known areas (i like low-key hills). will get to utah as much as $$$ allows. also taos if $$$$ allows.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
I'm going to live in golden, so i have to drive up 70 every day.... I think i'll probably end up with loveland and the RMSP because winter park and copper both sound pretty cool. I also picked up a gems card to get discounts to some of the lesser known areas (i like low-key hills). will get to utah as much as $$$ allows. also taos if $$$$ allows.

Very cool. Maybe we can make some turns sometime this season.

Greg

Staff member
You realize BMM, that you owe us a full on trip report from Mary Jane at some point this winter. the bump skiers mecca. with tons of pics, and video and all that good stuff.

Agreed!