• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Madison & Adams

webicky

Trip report Madison - Adams

Date Hiked: 7/28/07

We started at Valley Way in great shape we reached the intersection with Watson, which we chose to take to Madison. It is not a bad climb if you don't mind rocks. Summit was mostly clear and cool. We went down to Madison Hut, it was a terrific Stop. We went up Airline to Adams which was a reasonable ascent. The party taking Star Lake trail left after us, and were at the summit before us, but said they had a scramble, which we really did not have. We began decent via airline and decided to brave Great Gully My shorts pocket ripped somewhere along the trial and and Wallet is somewhere on Great Gully or king ravine (not subway). :( For anyone who wants to go that way I will gladly provide $100 reward for mailing it to me with contents. It's a needle in a haystack though. Continued to Lowe's path and Shortline evetually joining Airline and ending in the parking lot. Awesome day that began at 8:45 AM and lasted 12hrs. First Decent with an ending at darkness! benwebman@gmail.com for questions about wallet.

Special Required Equipment: None - rain gear. Headlamp or light for multiple mountain decent - bug spray

Comments: Thunderstorm warnings should be evaluated, but we got lucky
and had a clear day.

Maybe someone will have pity on me and sponsor me for VFT forums.
P.S. the wallet has like $15, but has some pictures of my family that are one of a kind.

Ben

Mike P.

Welcome & glad your Wallet was found. I've planned on more than one occasion to get to Adams & Madison together but other than a one day Presi Traverse, I've yet to do them.

Watson is a nice change from Valley Way but not a good choice in poor weather.

webicky

Nice

Yeah!! Great trip especially now that my wallet is en-route! We left Jefferson though.. so maybe a stay a Lake of Clouds is next.