• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Manky Earned Turns at Ragged

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Date(s) Skied: April 21, 2013

Resort or Ski Area: Ragged Mt. New Hampshire

Conditions: Manky and Rotting to Buttered Corn.

Trip Report: Ragged was a ghost town this Sunday afternoon. No lines. No lifts running. Lodge locked. They’ve been closed for two weeks. Only one thing to do. Skin up. I only really had time for one run. Well it took me an hour to get up Lower Ridge. I stop a lot. My skin pace makes the Spear Triple seem like the Acela Express. But I enjoyed it. Here’s some photos:

Fork in the road by Bob Misu, on Flickr

P4213725 by Bob Misu, on Flickr

P4213726 by Bob Misu, on Flickr

Its going fast by Bob Misu, on Flickr

Shining Tower and the Narrow Way by Bob Misu, on Flickr

Last tracks? by Bob Misu, on Flickr

The full set on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wasabibob/sets/72157633300014124/

Bumpsis

Very nice!
I was thinking about doing the same at Cannon today, but chronic issues with Achilles heel tendon won. I don't even have equipment for skinning up, so it would have been just a hike up. No hiking for me this spring... :(
Went biking instead.

Angus

skied Cannon on Saturday but started down before reaching summit due to re-freezing of snow and some flurries. plenty of snow. zoomer's/avalanche we very nice.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Very nice!
I was thinking about doing the same at Cannon today, but chronic issues with Achilles heel tendon won. I don't even have equipment for skinning up, so it would have been just a hike up. No hiking for me this spring... :(
Went biking instead.

Sorry to hear about your heel problems. Riding your bike doesn't hurt? Before I had the AT equipment I hiked Ragged a couple of times. It is so much easier to skin. All my stuff is used so it wasn't terribly expensive.

skied Cannon on Saturday but started down before reaching summit due to re-freezing of snow and some flurries. plenty of snow. zoomer's/avalanche we very nice.

Maybe I'll try Cannon next weekend. Seeing what Cannon had years ago after closing got me thinking about hiking for turns in the first place. Ragged is right down the road from me so its a given that I go there first. It's just too dang early to stop!