• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Miller loses ski, rode down most of the course on one leg

GadgetRick

Website
www.rickandedith.com
That's a shame...

Sorry to see he lost a ski. I know he was on a run earlier this season. Bode seems to just go out, ski hard and have fun. Nothing wrong with that.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
that's amazing. i've never heard of anything like that. i am amazed he had the pressenece of mind to keep going. most racers are fuming when they blow out a ski. surprised to see the harsh critisim in the article from the other racer and coach, seems like a fun thing to do for the fans and the sport. i say way to go.

ctenidae

I see his coach's point, though- very risky thing to do- he could easily ahve wiped out and blown his knee to bits.
Still, it's pretty cool- very Body Miller-ish.

BrockVond

"'I don't care how big his cape is,' said Phil McNichol, the head coach of the United States Ski Team"

Shut up, Phil.

Go Bode.

B

beswift

According to Radio France Internationale (they now have his name right) Bode has recovered his top spot this weekend.

ChileMass

Yesterday OLN was showing the replay of Bode skiing the upper half of the course on one ski. He did a pretty good job, but then finally wiped out about halfway down.

Also showed the replay from 2-3 years ago of Hermann Maier taking the biggest-air wipeout I think I've ever seen! This was the one where he blew out his knee and missed the rest of the season (and then came back to win the FIS title before the motorcycel accident last year - the guy is indestructible). He got back on his skis in a downhill and was 15' in the air before cartwheeling through 2 retaining fences. Unbelieveable.....

Then they showed almost the entire downhill where Bode and Daron Rahlves finished 1-2. Very hot racing - those boys can fly.

awf170

I didnt see any of the downhill :cry: it seems like you never see skiing on tv anymore just snowboarding. Does anyone have a link to a video of bodes run where he losted his ski i would really like to see it, thanks.

RossiSkier

ALPINE SKI COVERAGE ON NBC

February 12th 3pm EST
2005 World Championships
Bormio, Italy

February 13th 1pm EST
2005 World Championships
Bormio, Italy

February 19th 1pm ESTChevrolet Freesytle Int'l
Deer Valley, UT