• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

mount snow

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
:blink:not making snow this week? you have a perfect window until friday night and you tell us go buy some beanies!? hell, you even going to get 1-2 inches tonight to top it off! why?! you let me down big time:angry:. im sure im not the only one. thoughts? comments?

did you forget your meds today?:-D

Would you like some cheese and crackers with your whine? :-D:-D:-D

Last edited:

Glenn

but instead I'll most likely be driving 330 miles to the Big K..

So can we safely assume they'll be another video with singing and furiture terrain park steezery?

fingers_crossed.gif

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
It's all about the humidity and the temps. While they will have windows of solid below freezing temps the next few nights, the air's got some moisture in it too, which will greatly hurt production. Combine that with the start/stop that would happen do to daytime temps AND the liquid precip forcasted from probably Thursday afternoon through mid/late weekend, and it's not going to happen for this weekend.

While the good cold air is close, the jetstream is basically going to be right over VT in close to a South to North orientation for most of the next week or so based on projected models, which unfortunately will have just enough of a moderation effect on temps AND increasing the humidity that Mount Snow's latitiude disadvantage will come into play.

DJ, you're being far too rational. :cool:

So can we safely assume they'll be another video with singing and furiture terrain park steezery?

fingers_crossed.gif

Well most likely this would be a solo trip.....I'm not 100% on this weekend yet..

One side of me is like...do you really want to drop a couple hundred on lodging, gas and lift tickets to ski the same few crowded runs as last week.

The other side of me is like..do you really want to spend a boring weekend in Allentown when you could be skiing..you have plenty of money..and you want to ski...

Side #2 wins out nearly 100% of the time..

Glenn

Well most likely this would be a solo trip.....I'm not 100% on this weekend yet..

One side of me is like...do you really want to drop a couple hundred on lodging, gas and lift tickets to ski the same few crowded runs as last week.

The other side of me is like..do you really want to spend a boring weekend in Allentown when you could be skiing..you have plenty of money..and you want to ski...

"Girl you know it's true"

Greg

Staff member

Save your coin this weekend and goose stomp with us on the 21st.

GSS, It gets really hard to take your comments seriously when you put such dopey avatars up:-D. You must have to spend a lot of time finding these steezy images..:puke:..

My work computer has hundreds of great images and my home computer has thousands..I think I'm going to change my Avatar every hour..JEA!!!!

Newpylong

:blink:not making snow this week? you have a perfect window until friday night and you tell us go buy some beanies!? hell, you even going to get 1-2 inches tonight to top it off! why?! you let me down big time:angry:. im sure im not the only one. thoughts? comments?

3 nights (and very warm during the day) to make snow this week. What are they supposed to do???