• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Now that is cool!

JimG.

Staff member
ctenidae said:
Boy, if they've got that much time between loadings at a quad, methinks I need to visit.

The short lift lines may have to do with the fact that all the snow at Cannon is in that model. Sorry Rivercoil, couldn't resist.

Joshua B

It sure is cool.

It's also interesting at the number of topics that are replicated between the NELSAP board and this one. :D

thetrailboss

Staff member
Joshua B said:
It sure is cool.

It's also interesting at the number of topics that are replicated between the NELSAP board and this one. :D

Both are good boards...but I find this one more entertaining and informative. :wink:

Greg

Staff member
Joshua B said:
This one is definitely active. I'm actually thrilled at how busy it is.
I told you so... ;)

awf170

ya i saw he building that when i was at cannon on sunday, thats a pretty awsome job, thats where the states money is going towards cannon, instead of making snow they pay an extra guy to work at a lift, they will need that snow on the trails soon though in the sad shape they are in.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
JimG, no reason to apologize, it's no secret that there hasn't been much natural snow at cannon this year. to date, my best day at cannon this season was my first day there on their opening day first week in december in which i hiked to the summit to ski a foot of powder.

last year, the folks at cannon built a "old man of the mountain" at the base of the tuckerbrook chair. it was about 8 feet tall and looked really accurate. they also made "snakes" in the snow and built a train engine out of snow, iirc. i think it really adds to the fun factor, especially when done in the beginner areas.

ChileMass

thetrailboss said:
These guys had a lot of free time on their hands....the archived photos are of Cannon and some other places up in Northern VT/NH including my old home....the Lyndon Outing Club (for your eyes, ChileMass :wink: )

http://www.caledonianrecord.com/pages/picture_of_the_day/story/all

Ah - trailboss - it does remind me of my old home at Titcomb in Farmington. I don't think they have any snowmaking either. Great shot......