• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pats peak Feb week 6

Vortex

Tough Green coarse, tough yellow coarse. Two falls on Green. 6th place team finish. Nice warm night 28 F. Toughest runs of the year IMO. Had to book can't comment on apres ski.

tough night to gauge.

http://www.patspeak.com/results/mont.txt team
http://www.patspeak.com/results/moni.txt individual

http://www.patspeak.com/results/mons.htm overall team

K and Ga2ski had good runs. Roak and K had to do it with 1 run. Roark got good points. I was the same as always. Nice to see djspookman back at it. Hammer was solid. skibum9995 has a mystery injury. Never heard any one call in sick to not ski? Hope he is better.

Nice job by Ga2ski making a change and joining us on the fly.

Last edited:

roark

Easily the toughest course this year. Not your typical Nastar, but fun nonetheless! First run got a little backseat and had a binding release. Always embarassing, especially when it takes a while to get the ski back on. Recreated it standing on the hill before the second run - guess the forward pressure isn't quite right. Took it easy second run to ensure a finish, which lead to my worst handicap this season.

Hammer did a great job to improve on such a tough couse. K great second run, which was a must score run (oh, and glad I wasn't the only one to fall!). Bob consistent as always. Big thanks to ga2ski for coming out, now if he wouldn't make so many tele turns... Great to finally have djspookman back! skibum9995 was certainly missed.

You didn't miss much in the bar since it was coors light night and she was just handing out schwag to those drinking schwag - no raffles. Did get decent video - quite a few falls!

Vortex

Times do change, a few years back there were under 10 teams and on a good night I would make the top ten.

Twice this year I have made the first page. :) Humbling. At first I was almost upset so many teams on Monday, but now its still quick and a little competition is good. Glad we have some good point getters.

djspookman

sorry I didn't get the report up yesterday guys, I was at home dealing with a severely upset stomach..in fact our whole family was dealing with it. yukk..

Monday night was fun, rutty but fun!

Highlight of the night was my first run, about 6 gates down, I looked up and saw Kara's ski go flying into my path. I remember thinking "ok, there's her ski, where is Kara?" Then.. wham, she slid right into my path, had to put the floppy heels of mine into avoidance mode, somehow still made the next gate. My second run I was just singing "I'm a rut-rider" to myself the whole way down.. as that's pretty much all I did. It was good to be back, but I was really afraid of falling as I'm still healing up from my concussion, so I was skiing very timidly. Had fun anyway though!

Vortex

I put a blurb up, casue I felt guilty for running away.:) Lets see if I get this you are doing 360 spins on tele grear, but are worried about your health/concussion. :)

I am definately out next Monday. Thought about trying a late arrive. No way to make it. Hope Ga2ski and Skibum9995 are able to make it. Sorry just my deal next week.

hammer

I put a blurb up, casue I felt guilty for running away.:) Lets see if I get this you are doing 360 spins on tele grear, but are worried about your health/concussion. :)

I am definately out next Monday. Thought about trying a late arrive. No way to make it. Hope Ga2ski and Skibum9995 are able to make it. Sorry just my deal next week.
Maybe the spins helped keep him balanced...;-)

Sorry you won't make it next week. Need to find another race partner. Thanks for the advice on the second gate...