• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Recommendations for Race Boots/Skis for 7 yr old

JJMcClure

My 7 year old will be entering into a U8 race program for this upcoming season. What boots and skis should I be looking at? He's lean ~45 lbs, solid intermediate. I have heard from coaches to ensure there is ample flex in the boot. The rentals have been the same for the past 4 seasons, hoping for an upgrade. Would appreciate any insights! -JJ

drjeff

My 7 year old will be entering into a U8 race program for this upcoming season. What boots and skis should I be looking at? He's lean ~45 lbs, solid intermediate. I have heard from coaches to ensure there is ample flex in the boot. The rentals have been the same for the past 4 seasons, hoping for an upgrade. Would appreciate any insights! -JJ
Honestly, talk to his coaches.
They will give you recommendations from gear, to certain shops THEY know will have the appropriate gear

boston_e

I agree talk to coaches.
I'm trying to remember back, and I think that most kids that age are not really skiing on any specific race boot or ski.