• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Rumors of a Possible Noreaster Next Week?

UVSHTSTRM

Anybody here anything about this? I imagine it would be elevation dependent, but then again that is the only place I would want it at this point. Yard raked, garden prepped, square foot garden greenhouse up, driveway swept, etc, no need for snow here.

Tooth

How much snow would we all need on the ground before it would matter? If a slope is totally dry and the ground is not frozen would it matter?

hammer

Would this be for the end of the week? Just checked the Accuweather long-term forecast and it does mention rain and cold (30s to 40) for next Friday.

Might get :uzi: for this but I hope IF it does happen it at least stays away from the flatlands. Won't do anything to salvage the season at this point.

TheBEast

How much snow would we all need on the ground before it would matter? If a slope is totally dry and the ground is not frozen would it matter?

This would be my point? I'm headed to Jay 3/29-4/1 and really hope this doesn't materialize......just give me my slushy spring bumps and 50's.....the worst thing that could happen at this point is for 1) a freeze and then rain.....or 2) a huge dump of wet heavy slop that you can't do anything with at this point since the ground is not frozen.

Anyone know any good mountain biking around Jay that might be ready??

ScottySkis

I hope it happens I bet Mr. Winn Chill might be able to give us some great predictions for this storm.

WinnChill

At this point, if this thing materializes, it looks to occur too far out to sea, as has been the trend all season. I'll keep watching though.