• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ski sundown 12-22-08

MrMagic

Sundown dec-22-08

Weather: cold

Conditions: man made

My my my, what a difference a night makes ! not to say last night wasn’t good or anything, but today WOW sweet!! I grabbed first chair 5 min before nine, guns were a blazin’ headed right off the lift past gun barrel and into the……….. it was sweet, lots of snow! After that I stayed on the bumps till 10 AM. They were covered with man made powder and a lot of it, they were effortlessly great! Great cold snow. After a few lessons and such, it was back to the bumps. No one was on them which was fine by me, stayed till about 1:40P the guns were still on with no plans of stopping. If anyone can get out tonight do –it! Ski them lines in. I have pictures, just looking for my cable, hopefully ill add them on soon.

powhunter

Bummin I missed you guys...clicked in around 2...met up with jonnypoach..guns were blazing on temptor ....bumps were awesome but the visibility was major suction...no more whale/headwall bumps the troughs are filled in nicely...they turned the guns off around 430 and with the added visibility it was epic!!! Jonnypoach was being a nutcase as usual hucking off the "cliff" on the runout to temptor....I agree with MrMagic go out and get some!!!

steveo

powhunter

saw a few boarders poach the liftline...and also I heard of someone who went into area 51 and said it was ok

steveo

Greg

Staff member
Man.....sounds like tonight was the night. No way I could've pulled it off. Bummer.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
We really wanted to get up there tonight but our babysitters fell through. Way to go guys for getting out there and getting some of that great snow!

Greg

Staff member
We really wanted to get up there tonight but our babysitters fell through. Way to go guys for getting out there and getting some of that great snow!

I gotta really try to work in tomorrow night somehow. That snow is gonna get wrecked over Christmas. :angry:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I gotta really try to work in tomorrow night somehow. That snow is gonna get wrecked over Christmas. :angry:
I thought that was already a given for you guys? Wasn't that the plan? Brian's going. I'm hoping to get in a few runs during the day tomorrow because once Wednesday comes, the weather will be souring fast for the rest of the week. :angry:

Greg

Staff member
I thought that was already a given for you guys? Wasn't that the plan? Brian's going. I'm hoping to get in a few runs during the day tomorrow because once Wednesday comes, the weather will be souring fast for the rest of the week. :angry:

I still need executive clearance. Plus I still have Christmas shopping to do. :puke: