• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 3/13

Greg

Staff member
Bumps are seeded. Slightly narrower field than last year. About as wide as the last seeding job. They start a bit below the ledge, but the slushy snow above that started to get some natural lines. We skied in one decent one actually. Jump placement is better. A nice long string of bumps, then the first jump right before it gets real flat. The second jump in the usual spot. Much better without that mile long stretch between jumps, and the best, steepest part of the run is all moguls.

They started to ski in pretty good, but there wasn't a ton of us out there, despite it being a nice day. Still, we made a good dent. By end of day tomorrow, they should be good and given the forecast, I expect Tuesday to be money. Wednesday looks iffy with 1/2-3/4 inch of rain. Thursday and Friday look sweet! Gonna be a good week.

Brian was out there with his kids. Skied with madroch, Jarrod and Mike for a while.

bvibert

Staff member
Nice day for sure. I got 6 or 7 runs in on the bumps. I was surprised just how soft they were when I got there around noon.