• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sneak Visit to My Fav Hill: April 1, 2005

thetrailboss

Staff member
Date: April 1, 2005

Ski Area visited: My favorite hill (take a guess :wink: )

Weather/Conditions: Sunny and Powder, powder, powder.

Trip Report: Was able to sneak out for an afternoon at my favorite hill, Burke Mountain, where I found almost THREE FEET of powder and sunny skies :eek:

I took a spin up the Willoughby Quad and then hit East Bowl which I found to be unreal....powder, powder, everywhere! Lost my skies a couple of times before the run out.

Then it was off to the infamous Bear Den Ledges where there was more powder!

The blue runs including Willoughby and Powderhorn were immaculate! :eek: :D

At the top of the mountain on my next run, I met up with a mountain guide who took me through some incredible glades and chutes on the backside before leading me to an idling snowcat for the ride back to Mid Burke. Skiing powder all day had wiped me out, so I opted for some easier green cruisers such as Binney Lane, Carter Country, and Dashney Mile which were all empty 'cause the novices couldn't ski the powder.

Ended up at the bar for free brews compliments of a local brewery and then headed home...incredible skiing...in fact, I've posted pics here and you REALLY need to see them: http://forums.alpinezone.com/viewtopic.php?p=28365#28365 :wink: