• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowmaking, grooming and high speed lifts

Granite1

For me, Loon Mountain is all about a lot of runs (23) and a lot of vertical....35,000 in less than four hours today. Their groomers are doing great this year. An inch of fresh snow on top of last nights groom made the entire mountain skiing great, especially at first chair.

Attachments

• NMVH0306.JPG
    NMVH0306.JPG
    499.9 KB · Views: 21

xlr8r

IMO you can rack up vertical faster at Loon than any other mountain in New England. The lifts are fast, the trail layout allows you to go fast, and no runout. Both Lincoln and North Peak lifts serve about 1,500vft and you can lap them easily in under 10 minutes. Its easy to get 40,000 vft there even on a busy Saturday.

I was there Sunday and conditions were just ok then, got skied off quick, so glad to hear they have improved. Even on a quiet day where I was not pushing myself too hard I got 24 runs and 30,000vft.

Kingslug20

Stowe has very good continuous vert..on a weekday you can rack it up off the quad

Kingslug20

They did fix it...
It's running now I assume?
New motor should last..if they maintain it right...

The Sneak

Loon was disastrously icy by late Sunday AM. Dangerous after lunch, to such extent that I saw 3 people down on one trail under the Kanc when I called it quits at 3 PM. Patrol was attending to one, another kid was in the woods with his friends helping him, and other was just down in the middle of the trail.

I'm glad to hear things are better now.