• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

snowmaking test?

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Supposed to get down below 40F tonight, people are firing up the wood stoves. Not us as we will never start the woodstove before Oct 1. Was thinking this would be a perfect time to test one's snowmaking system, blow a patch and get some publicity with skiing in August in Vermont....:lol:

noski

ski_resort_observer said:
Supposed to get down below 40F tonight, people are firing up the wood stoves. Not us as we will never start the woodstove before Oct 1. Was thinking this would be a perfect time to test one's snowmaking system, blow a patch and get some publicity with skiing in August in Vermont....:lol:
So..... the snow on the 4th of July in Warren didn't count? ;) It didn't get as cold here Saturday night as it did Friday night. That's ok- I mean it IS August. At least let's turn the page to September, huh?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i am doubting they made enough to ski on. i am surprised they did that so early, don't they usually wait till sept or oct to do the, season pass marketing ploy, i mean the media photo?

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
snowmaker4191 said:
looks at if killington did it...
http://www.killington.com/images/cam/huge/1130962483EarlySeasonSnowmaking2.jpg

But ware is the air line to that snowgun?? Thats not an airless gun, that brand dose not offer an airless gun. is this a new pic or is it old?

As I am sure Steve and other Vermonters can attest to the fact that everything is still pretty green here in Vermont so I would say that image was taken in late September since there is color down low.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yeah, looks like stock footage...especially since we have not heard from Kmart in the form of a press release, TV news, etc.

Greg

Staff member
Kinda gets you pumped for the mice blow-out though, eh? I wonder if Killington won't do it again. Well, they did, but last year it was water. In any event, any guesses on who will be the first? I think there's a chace Killington will do it. If not, then maybe the River or the Loaf.

AdironRider

I for one love the day when the guns first blow. That when you know your in the home stretch till ski season begins.

VB

Website
www.thetechcentrics.com
I for one love the day when the guns first blow. That when you know your in the home stretch till ski season begins.

Sure does, I can't help myself from thinking about last year how when I went for Orieantation at Whaleback, they had the Guns spraying like crazy at the bottom, it just made me relax completly, even though there wasn't anyone in the room that I knew. First snow is better though, the first few snowflakes of the season gets me pumped up so much that I have to get my skis, and gear all ready to head out!

Greg

Staff member
Those first snowmaking pics still get me pumped as well...