• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

State (VT) Resorts Eyeball Future

thetrailboss

Staff member
tekweezle said:
No, this is an intended impact. Trust me...you hit the nail on the head as to why Flatten does it

I don;t think it;s such a great loss for Stratten to be charging that much. I can only ski Stratten once a year as it;s terrain is a little bit too redundant and small for me. as long as there are other choices around here then i will patronize other resorts for 1 day trips. atleast the lift and lodging packages are still the same price.

what I find troubling is that the rest of the resorts are following their direction and raising prices. if it;s a need then that can;t be helped. if it;s just to "keep up with the joneses" then that too bad. it;s turning skiing into a "rich person;s sport" and places like stratton into exclusive clubs

incidently, i like Deer Valley too but only because they are located amongst several other great resorts. I probably wouldn;t travel to SLC to specifically ski Deer Valley only.

Bretton Woods is taking the same approach and like you said, no big loss :wink:

It is encouraging that with the rise of these "exclusive resorts" is also a resurgence in the smaller hills such as Crotched, Granite Gorge, and Arrowhead. :p Black Mountain (NH) is also quite affordable as is its neighbor in ME with the same name. There are good deals to be had...you just have to look.