• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush 11/24/07

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
Date Skied: 11/24/07

Resort or Ski Area: Sugarbush

Conditions: packed-powder, variable

Trip Report: It was quite a bit busier at Lincoln Peak than I was expecting. The main parking lot was nearly full. Great to see this early in the season.

The trails were packed, as there were only 8 trails open. It wasn't too bad up top or even down near the bottom, but the areas around the Heaven's Gate Triple were absolutely filled with skiers of all abilities.

The snow looked great, even not bad on natural stuff like Ripcord and Spillsville. You really had to pay attention though, as there were some nasty little spots under there, including icy spots and of course, thin surface.

Having said that, it's only the 24th of November. There was white on the crowns of trees at top, some nice snow-making going on, and it was a crisp, bluebird day of the kind you'd expect to see in January. I would say that we're one good storm away from being able to throw the entire mountain open. Let's hope we see that soon.

My son, due to being twelve and thus incapable of thinking ahead, wore a pair of ski socks with great big holes in them, so I didn't end up skiing as long as I would have liked. I'll be back next weekend.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Hey I might have skied past you...good day up there, but very packed indeed. TR coming soon...