• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush Update

thetrailboss

Staff member
Went to get the pass photo, pick up my shirt that SRO was holding for me, and walk around. Snowmaking is in progress on Upper Jester and Upper Organgrinder. From my vantage point: one, maybe two snowguns running.

Temps were cold. Hiked to North Lynx.

Lots of folks around...training in progress I think...

mondeo

Testing.

Other than the places open today or tomorrow, that's the only point of snowmaking now. Not gonna hold through next week.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Testing.

Other than the places open today or tomorrow, that's the only point of snowmaking now. Not gonna hold through next week.

Figured it was that...maybe some basebuilding...but only on the very, very top.

Lostone

1) Most of the coverage you can see was from the storm, last week.

B) There could have been other guns on Jester, but not visible from below, or the right side. Sounded that way, to me, but I can't say, as I didn't hike that side of the mountain.

III) I believe the guns seen from the bottom were really on Jester, but visible at the top of OG. Again, not sure.

d) All seemed quiet yesterday and today.