• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf 12-22-08

bigbog

Date(s) Skied: Monday, Dec 22, 2008

Resort or Ski Area: Sugarloaf

Conditions: Powder 18-24"+

Trip Report:

Had to be back online for a few hours of work..:angry: so only stayed till noon. Getting everything shoveled/blown off in the
early AM hours wasn't that tough as I'd gotten out yesterday evening to get the first 12". Got to mountain at first chair...
Beautiful champagne powder everywhere...since yesterday. Timberline on wind-hold..my luck..but they had operating
snowcat from the Double-Runner lift..up to the t-bar..:daffy:..(Great..*#^%$*%()
..but just a minor hassle compared to the day anyone got today.
Trails Skied:
Boomaugers
Ramdown
Winter's Way
Spillway
Narrow Gauge
Competition Hill
Hayburner
DoubleBitter
Tote Road
King's Landing
..I think I got this list right. Would have liked to have done more trails, but with the snow depth @mid-thigh(at least) all
over the mountain...and groomed trails being nice, light & fluffy snow...it was pretty tough to start picking trails, as
this was an abbreviated day #2!.... Hardly any crowd till ~10.. At least there's a great base...even if some flukish system
turns all wet.
Half a day at this place is torture on the way back...hope to get more days like today.

Last edited: