• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River 2005-02-12

uphillklimber

Resort or Ski Area
Attitash
Date
May 26, 2021
Snow Conditions
  1. Powder
x

Last edited:

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
I was at Sunday River all weekend, too. I agree that Saturday was rough with the clouds and wind where trails were scoured, but in other spots they did a fine job of not grooming very much, leaving beautiful piles of powder around (which I didn't know how to handle ... d'oh!). Dream Maker, for a green, kicked my butt due to this.

After lunch we headed out to Jordan Bowl so I could run Lollapalooza while my friends went into Blind Ambition (glade). They said it was incredible with the fresh snow. Of course, coming off the top of the lift was a nightmare as it was almost completely blown off to scratch ice, and the exposure up there (even with the fence) is scary. Once I got down a bit to the snow I was doing well, except for all those snow piles which got me a bit out of control until I found myself flying through the air backwards and landing, skis up, in a huge plume of snow.

Sunday dawned clear, sunny, less wind, and overnight snow capped the peaks. Right back to Lollapalooza and the top was in great shape and it was the finest cruise I've ever been on. Dream Maker was much more navigable, and having done the top and bottom pieces as part of the North Peak => Jordan traverse (and back), I did a full run of Escapade, my first true blue (after Conifer at Wachusett).

I hope you had a good day at Attitash; Sunday was definitely the day to be at Sunday River (and less crowded, too). I am thoroughly addicted to skiing now. :D