• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Beer thread! Or possibly the Beer thread 2.0??

drjeff

image-6ec33752-c84d-4cc1-826b-de0099e1f1d03637150532299152904.jpgCouldn't find A Beer thread in the search function... Thought there was one, but maybe it was just a Kzone or Snowjournal thing...

Fall is here, getting into Stout season. Weldworks Coffee Coconut Stout X Imperial Milk Stout out of Greely, CO.

If you like Mounds bars, and I certainly do, this is a liquid Mounds bar with just a touch of medium body dark roast coffee at the end.

Very well done to my taste buds!

Edd

I suggest mentioning alcohol percentage when recommending a beer.

No specifics here but, on a trip to Denmark last month I had several Danish IPAs that I surprisingly liked (not as much as our better IPAs). They tended to be in the mid 5% range on alcohol but none too malty which, if you make a malty IPA you should go to some kind of beer jail.

Then we bounced to Sweden and back to Denmark and in both countries I started drinking Guinness (used to live on that shit for a long time) and I noticed at every bar it was served in the exact same kind of glass with a vertical ridge top to bottom, and the Guinness tap was always physically separated from all of the other beers, and the tap was decorated like a harp. At my local bar I notice it’s not like that. Maybe it is at the proper Irish bars in the US but I’ve been off Guinness so long I haven’t paid attention.

snoseek

I miss drinking good craft beer but I'm too fat to drink that stuff so it's coors light these days which is fine because I like the low alcohol buzz after a couple and don't get sleepy or a headache.

Northwoods brewery is my local place and every once in awhile I'll get a couple pints There.

Abominable

I really like lagers, pilsners, oktoberfest beers... european style lagers, maybe? Not a big IPA person, all those hazy crazy hoppy beers aren't for me.

Two breweries I started drinking on ski trips and am now finding in good beer stores in the NY metro area: Jack's Abby ("We live for lagers!") and Von Trapp (Stowe). Good stuff if you like that style beer.

Jack Abby - the lager is good, the pilsner is good, but I really love the Copper and Oktoberfest
Von Trapp - I like the Vienna and Dunkel lagers. Pils is good too.

Anyone been to the Von Trapp brewery?

And.... isn't it amazing, the brewery EXPLOSION we've had in the past decade? I mean, I feel like 20-30 years ago when the first micro-brewery revolution happened that everyone and their brother was starting a brewery and the market would get saturated and sort of peter-out. But now we're in this second era of just brewery opening up on every corner in every town with more than two thousand residents, and I, for one, welcome it!

Last edited:

crank

We've been to Von Trapp Brewery a few times. Really like their dunkel.

There is a Wegmans near us and they have a great NY craft beer section. Although for the last 2 weeks they have not had our favorite: Keegan Ale's Mother Milk coffee stout. Keegan is in Kingston, NY. A band I was in played there years ago and I have loved their beer ever since.

I like an IPA but I can't stand the super hoppy stuff like Heady Topper etc. Bought many a case to give away.

I like darker lagers, brown ales, stouts, porters. Will always go for a local draft over a can or bottle when at a bar.

BodeMiller1

Clown Shoes, nectur of the gods. The new Topper....

When I was a kif Bud was 3.2 now it's up to 5.0. They had to do this to keep up. Best IPA I ever had was ot of California the label. IPA Blah, Blah Blah. (It's all been said before>

Attachments

• 1005618_10151708678996815_687760523_n.jpg
    1005618_10151708678996815_687760523_n.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 2