• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Good deals on bindings" - thread

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I'm looking for some clearance or previous year/new bindings...

Something up to 12 din is preferrable, but I'd go 10... I usually ski at 8 anyway since I'm only tipping the scales at 165 lbs.

No plate, no piston... something simple, relatively light, durable and quality.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Jeez, kid, freakin mind reader over here?

I was going to cannabalize the bindings of my Rossi's but I might save those for the really rough days. Plus those binding, while they've never failed me, are quite cheap.

roark

I was pretty tempted by the Aztecs, but too similar to my M666s. What I really want is a cheap beat up fatty to throw some AT binders on... but since I have 2 pair of new and almost new skis now it'd be a tough sell to the wife...

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I was pretty tempted by the Aztecs, but too similar to my M666s. What I really want is a cheap beat up fatty to throw some AT binders on... but since I have 2 pair of new and almost new skis now it'd be a tough sell to the wife...

These may eventually seetrekkers before long.

If the kid in Meatheads can do it, so can I.

roark

If trekkers were cheaper I'd be all over em. But at 1/2 the price of AT binders (and more than the alpine binders) it's a tough sell.

Birdman829

roark

I believe I saw Tyrolia Railflex binders with 12 DIN for $70 somewhere. Pretty unbeatable deal. You can also get another set of rails to mount them on for 10 bucks so you can have multiple pairs of skis and 1 set of binders.

:lol: :lol:

Did you get those Aztecs?

Some people think tyrolia is crap, but this is a pretty good deal:http://levelninesports.com/tyrolia-....html?osCsid=88343a0a1c5bbcb6215bd19be4dd4869

Other cheap tyrolias on that site as well.
:wink:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
If trekkers were cheaper I'd be all over em. But at 1/2 the price of AT binders (and more than the alpine binders) it's a tough sell.

I know what you mean, but I just don't see myself touring enough this year to justify skiing lift serviced that often on AT gear.

That's why I'm more apt to go for the lighter and lower salomon's over the tyrollia's.

Plus you can always resell the trekkers when you get an AT rig.

Or you can hang on to them for the side country oppurtunities.

Dirk109

People who think that Tyrolia is crap are living in the past. Currently, they are the safest on the market. Marker is crap!!! Those damn Marker outs.................

bvibert

Staff member
Maybe the Look Nova 10's that are on SAC right now will fit your needs? They meet the cheap part of the requirement at $36.25...

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
That's interesting Brian, I'm considering it just on price alone, although I am a little cautious when I see "for intermediate or lightweight" skier. I'd call myself advanced-intermediate and at 168 lbs, I'm no clydsdale, but I sure ain't no lightweight either.

Thanks for the link though, because you contributed to my thread, you have elevated your status slightly should I ever be successful at crowning myself king of the world.

kbroderick

That's interesting Brian, I'm considering it just on price alone, although I am a little cautious when I see "for intermediate or lightweight" skier. I'd call myself advanced-intermediate and at 168 lbs, I'm no clydsdale, but I sure ain't no lightweight either.

Thanks for the link though, because you contributed to my thread, you have elevated your status slightly should I ever be successful at crowning myself king of the world.

Does anyone know what would differentiate an "intermediate" binding from an expert aside from retention torque? I suppose travel-before-release might come into play, but the Looks on SAC intrigued me, as well; I just can't justify spending yet another $45 (with shipping) at SAC because it's a good deal that I might use. I've done that waaaay too often in the past week.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Does anyone know what would differentiate an "intermediate" binding from an expert aside from retention torque? I suppose travel-before-release might come into play, but the Looks on SAC intrigued me, as well; I just can't justify spending yet another $45 (with shipping) at SAC because it's a good deal that I might use. I've done that waaaay too often in the past week.

My best guess would be that "intermediate" is another euphamism for "lower quality."

Or, more likely to break, as I see it. Just not built as rugged and not meant for real rough use. Lighter and lower quality materials and build.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
This looks like a good deal to me. All of these clearance bindings have lifts on them, which I'm not crazy about, but I can deal-

PX12MB.jpg

$109

http://www.backcountry.com/store/DYN0070/c1/s1/Look-PX-12-Ti-Lifter-Alpine-Binding.html