• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 11/15 - 11/16 Storm Discussion Thread

ajl50

The Webcams from LP have just looked awesome all day- they really show the blue blob's effect
From the looks of the cams during the day the snow level was about 1500 feet.

bobbutts

Some reports from resorts conditions pages:

Mt Snow- Flurries
Okemo- dusting - 2"
Killington - 2"
Sugarbush - Up to 8"
Jay - 7" last 48 hours
Sunday River - 1-2"

loafer89

3-4" of new snow at sugarloaf since the rain turned to snow around 3:30am and the NWS forecasts up to an additional 10" by this evening.

bvibert

Staff member
Nothing like up north, but my wife said there was a little bit of snow in Torrington, CT a little bit ago... :)

Greg

Staff member
Nothing like up north, but my wife said there was a little bit of snow in Torrington, CT a little bit ago... :)

Yup. Off and on snow squalls here too. Kind of weird little ice balls mixed in. Sure nice to see!

bvibert

Staff member
Yup. Off and on snow squalls here too. Kind of weird little ice balls mixed in. Sure nice to see!

I'm stuck in a cubicle in the middle of a factory, but someone did come in to tell me it was snowing after the fact... I've yet to see more than one or two tiny ice balls fall from the sky so far this season... :(

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
SB is reporting 10" at top. Here is their email about tomorrow's opening:

Friday, November 16th
Tomorrow we open for a “sneak preview” at Lincoln Peak, and it’s snowing! Snowmakers are saying 10” so far up top and there’s a couple more in the forecast – it looks like we’re lining up for some superb skiing and riding for our little “sneak preview weekend,” honoring Stein Eriksen and the New England Ski Museum meeting in the Gate House Lodge on Saturday.

That’s right – we will be open this weekend at Lincoln Peak – pending lift approval today from the state. The official opening of the 07-08 season is still slated for Thanksgiving Day, but it’s too white up here not to have skiing and riding this weekend. For Mt. Ellen pass holders – don’t worry; your passes will be good at Lincoln Peak until Mt. Ellen opens for the season.

Snowmaking: We’ve been making snow since October 29th on Jester & Organgrinder! Base is 12-36" of homemade + natural! Snowmaking is underway on Organgrinder.

Terrain: Upper Jester, Downspout and Organgrinder with 'grinder being ungroomed.

Lifts: Super Bravo and Heaven’s Gate chair from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday. Downloading on the Super Bravo.

Ticket Princing (this weekend only): $40 for all adults, $36 for SugarCard holders and $30 for juniors ages 7-18. Kids 6 and under always ski & ride for free at the Bush.

Parks: Rails on Organgrinder flats.

Please note: After this Sunday, the lifts will not spin again until the official start of the winter season: Thursday, November 22nd.

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Today we did 2 laps at J, 1-2 feet skiable snow and wind. Great turns. Then home and up to stowe for a speed lap of Chin Clip.(1 hour from the car back tot he car) Half as much snow as J at the bottom, up top it was hard to tell with the wind load and such. Chin clip skiied great op to bottom. How much snow? enough. I think the call would be J tomorrow for the deepest pow.