• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

TR apr 26 Snowmonster gets some love!

snoseek

What a great f&cking sleeper day! Noaa called for less than an inch overnight-we got 9. 28 inches is the 72 hour total. It was blower pow all morning, south facing stuff eventually got a little heavy so off to the north facing trees and ridge. He can add some commentary later but it was goooooood!

mandatory g.s. turns

IMG_3883.JPG

It was face shots all morning!

IMG_3879.JPG

It doesn't snow in Colorado

IMG_3873.JPG

IMG_3881.JPG

off the ridge

IMG_3877.JPG

Then some trees

IMG_3903.JPG

Over the rainbow was good!

IMG_3888.JPG

more ridge

IMG_3901.JPG

He got to less obvious stuff for sure...

IMG_3902.JPG

Working those S7's

IMG_3885.JPG

Will update after some more tomorrow

thetrailboss

Staff member
NICE! I imagine that SM had his trademark grin all day! Bring us some good conditions for Tux now!

snoseek

Update for today 4/27

Thank you wind! Today was total bluebird, dry, sunny. Overnight the wind picked up, dried, and redistributed all along the ridge-first tracks on nice chalky, creamy snow. It was a clean slate for the most part and fairly deep in many wind loaded areas.

IMG_3908.JPG

thank you wind!

IMG_3907.JPG

This was a cool looking signature he left on patrol bowl

IMG_3906.JPG

There is a story behind this pic.

I gave SM my camera because I wanted a rare action shot of myself launching a cornice off the ridge. The launch part went fine, the shot was not easy to catch as there was no way of really communicating-no big thing. we skied down a bit and realized the camera was still up up by the top, it went through a weird fake kind of pocket. hiking up that pitch in deep snow was damn near impossible so i raced down, got on 9 again, traversed over, dropped in and sure enough there it was partially buried in the snow. This is me stoked to get my camera back and ready for a beer:

IMG_3910.JPG

snowmonster

Hey snoseek! Thanks again for the awesome tour of Loveland. As I kept saying the whole time I was there: WOW! That place rocks. It blew my mind. It will be hard staying focused at work for the next few days -- or weeks.

Sorry about not getting that shot and messing up the camera. That was a total brainfart on my part. We'll have more cornice jumps in the future and we'll be sure to get shots of those. I'm saving dough to get to Colorado again next season -- and I'm bringing the snow! Regards.