• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

TR - CT Backcountry aka One Big Right Turn

Grassi21

I finished up clearing the drive way and paths of snow and decided to hit the little hill in front of my house. Cool little chute at the top and a big right turn down in to the front yard of my house. I was going to hike the tiny wood shot in back of the house but the thick wool sock/ski boot combo was killing me. Nothing special, just f'ing around.

Tight at the top...

IMG_3620.JPG

Here comes the big right..

IMG_3621.JPG

Looking back up the massive headwall ;-)

IMG_3622.JPG

Grassi21

Turn not Tuen.. Can a mod hook me up and fix the thread?

bvibert

Staff member
Awesome! Way to go after it! If my yard had any sort of pitch to it at all I would have been out there with my daughter today...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
:lol: There were many times I was tempted to ski down our street; that's a decent hill. I don't think my bases would appreciate that, however.

:D

2knees

thats awesome!

i took the kids sledding saturday morning. i was "" this close to bringing my skis with me for the hell of it. there are a few decent sized hills behind one of the elementary schools that i was eyeballing but never followed through on it.

Grassi21

i'm sitting at my computer which is on the bar in the family... just staring out the sliding door at the wee hill in my yard. i am going to attempt to build a jump back there during lunch. should be rad!

Grassi21

never got around to hitting that jump. i'm going to pack it down again tonight and let the night's cold firm it up a bit.

never got around to hitting that jump. i'm going to pack it down again tonight and let the night's cold firm it up a bit.

Hell yeah..yesterday I was working on my mule kick..when you are in the air..kick your legs to the side..extra stoke points if you hit a beachball midair..Jimmy Buffett fans would like that..I think backyard turns are cool as all heezy. I might hit a cool hill within my apartment complex..it's between powerlines and drops about 45 vert in the length of a football field..maybe I can have a snowmobile tow me in for extra stoke and speed..:daffy:

Greg

Staff member
Way to shred the backyard gnar. We need video of the homemade booter! :lol: