• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

TR: Wachusett 3-10-2011

Bostonian

Date(s) Skied: Thursday 3/10/11

Resort or Ski Area: Wachusett

Conditions: Foggy, Spring Conditions

Trip Report: So today was the first day I have been out since the baby was born! I was lucky enough to get out to Wachusett this morning before the &@!% that is coming in and glad to get out on the snow finally after almost a month of not skiing! Only was out on the hill this morning, it was super fogged in at the top, but still creamy good skiing on both Tenth and Conifer. Smith Walton had some death cookies going on. To give you an idea when the last time I was out on the snow, well there was a ton of snow there. Scary to see how much snow melt and loss they received. But none the less, it skied fantastic for someone so starved of skiing lately! I hope this weather event doesn't kill the hill too much, since Wa is the only place I can hit as it is close to home. Well close enough.

Hope to get there again Sun night...

speden

I hope Wachusett can keep going a couple more weeks. I bought a rest of season pass and haven't made my money back yet. :) I'm ready to break out the Zardoz wax for some spring skiing next week so I hope their base will hold up.

57stevey

I was thinking of perhaps Sunday day... is there usually more of an adult crowd hopefully in the AM, or is it a zoo all the time?

sleepyweasel

I have free tickets and was thinking tomorrow or Sunday - hard to take a guess at which day will be better, never been to wachusett before and heard it's really crowded and slow.

wa-loaf

Going up later today with the kids. Looks like a nice day and we'll see what the rain did up there.