• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vermont police raid Jersey prom party

drjeff

Just for the record, I WAS NOT at my place in West Dover this past weekend ;)

Too bad, sounds like it could have led to some stories for the on going infedility thread ;) :smash: :rolleyes:

drjeff

Got a chuckle out of this article in today's Times Argus on several levels
http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080601/NEWS02/806010438/1003/NEWS02
Thinking there is at least an indirect link to Mt Snow here.

Doing a quick mapquest of 303 Route 100 and combining that with my local knowledge, where the party(ies) was/were located is maybe 200 yards south of where the Alpine Trader ski shop is, there a small, maybe 6 house subdivsion there of newer(less than 5 years old) generally colonial looking type houses there.

Just plain 'ol dumb high schoolers, since at this time of year, there's maybe 10 people in West Dover ;), so a little thing like a gathering of cars for 100 teenagers, where the houses are located maybe 50 yards off Route 100, just might get some notice from the local police (whose station is maybe 1/2 mile down the road from this address :rolleyes:). I'm just guessing the number of NJ fake ID's that were trying to be passed off at the 7-11 in West Dover ;)

tree_skier

I missed that party, was sitting at home with the kids watching sci-fi friday (we DVR it and it drives the wife crazy) and the celtics.

playoutside

From the local NJ paper...

http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbc...MUNITIES/806030351&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL
http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbc...MUNITIES/806030351&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

Things sure have changed since I went to the prom. We just headed to the shore and passed out for a few hours and got a pretty good sunburn and a big fat headache. Our parents sure as hell didn't help us find something to drink! Not saying we didn't drink, we did, at the prom and the next day, but it was nothing like this.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
the more you say you can't do it the more the kids are going to do it. my parents let me drink fromabout the time i was 12. by drink i mean have a glass of wine or after dinner drink. i never had the desire to go out and get smashed in highschool (college was another story and there some damn funny ones). we are constantly telling people what they can and can not do. we are screwing with the natural selection process.

tree_skier

It was at the sun & clay condo's which is across from the gray ghost inn. This school last year had a student killed at their annual graduation bash when he drank too much and fell 20 stories.