• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett 1/28/05

Zand

Date(s) Skied: 1/28/05

Resort or Ski Area: Wachusett Mountain, MA

Conditions: Packed Powder

Trip Report:

Tonight was pretty good as the conditions were awesome and there weren't many crowds. The crowds were the complete opposite of Monday. Monday, I said everyone in the freakin world was skiing and the lodge was empty. Today, the lodge was packed and the mountain was "reletively" empty.

Conifer: Bumpy before grooming. The grooming helped big time and made it a little better. This trail was easily the most crowded trail today.

Balance Rock: Icy, but there was powder to the sides. It's Wachuset's oldest trail and it's in the woods, turny, and has a decent pitch. Fun stuff.

10th: The top under the lift was icy, but everything after the headwall was great. The whale at the bottom has grown and gives even better air.

Smith: Took it first run at opening for grooming. This trail ROCKS when it's all courderoy (sp?) and you can fly down it. I was scaring myself with my speed because I spent all of the lower half launching off every hill down there, but it was fun. I also took it at around 8:30 and it was still awesome. Definitely the trail of the day.

Frannie's: They took the jumps out, so it's kinda boring now. Still a good place to hang out when the quad's lines are at their peaks.

Look Mom: Basically the same as Monday. The pipe is good, just like last years. The jumps are all good as are the rails.

Sundowner: I saw jumps and rode the agonizingly slow lift up. The jumps were just little 3 foot rollers, but with speed, you could get pretty good air.