• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What is your service delivery fro TV?

How do you get tv?

• Cable

Votes: 30 71.4%
  • Dish

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Verizon (Optimum?)

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Direct

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Antenna, Baby, I ain't getting ripped off

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters

SkiDork

Sooooo please do tell..how is the service compare to what you had which I assume was cable...im thinking of making the switch...im sure its grweat, but any quirks?

Can you get a verizon provided DVR box?

thanks

M

Service is great. VEry happy.

Yes, they supply a DVR, rental is sorta high so I just kept my Tivo.

drjeff

Crappy thing about Comcrap's broadband is they block all incoming requests on all ports. So forget about running a server, forget about remote desktop, forget about ssh, telnet, all is blocked.

I have Charter, and they're alright I guess, besides from their rediculous method of scheduling service visits.

The only thing I don't like about Charter is that they don't have an ABC HD channel yet in my area :angry: Love the HD :beer: I'm almost to the point where I'd rather watch a show that I'm not a total fan of if its on HD rather than watch a show I like more if it's only available on regular def. Can't beat Discovery HD, the shows they shoot for that channel and the quality of the HD is out of this world!

ctenidae

Im really surprised there are not more people with the dish, everyone complains about cable and yet 80% of us still have it.

To get a dish, I'd have to get permission from my landlord, then figure out a way to string the cable from the roof down six stories, and still comply with the local hysterical society's requirements. Not gonna happen.

FRITOLAYGUY

Ya thats the bad part about a dish all those weird laws, like NYC for example u can only have it for the first 4 floors otherwise the building just has to have one dish on top for everybody to hook up too..

hammer

To get a dish, I'd have to get permission from my landlord, then figure out a way to string the cable from the roof down six stories, and still comply with the local hysterical society's requirements. Not gonna happen.
Doesn't affect me, but I thought that landlords couldn't prevent you from having a dish...but the hysterical requirements would get you:

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html#QA

One other thing: I'm getting a reasonable signal even in the middle of a snowstorm.

ctenidae

Effective January 22, 1999, the Commission amended the rule so that it also applies to rental property where the renter has an exclusive use area, such as a balcony or patio.

I have a patio, but it's ground level in the alley, which is 1 story below street level. and it faces south east, with a 6 story building on the other side. LOS? More like SOL.