• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Which Snow Reports Do You Receive?

thetrailboss

Staff member
I get Snowreports every morning from Burke, Cannon, and Sunapee (like you didn't know :lol: ). I will say that I'm glad that Burke has stepped it up and is sending out daily Snow Reports...nice. Cannon's is decent as well with a nice easy to read format. As for Sunapee, a lot of good info, but too many words.

It's amazing how far we've come. I remember going to the local sports shop to read the faxed reports or listening to the radio. Now every morning they're in my inbox.

I've also received Killington's, Jay's, and Sugarbush's in my E-mail before. Jay kind of goes over the top as well :roll: Sugarbush did Powder Alerts.

Which ones do you get and how are they? Anyone do Snocountry? Speaking of Snocountry, Whaleback is now on the list :beer:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i get daily's from cannon and big dumps from jay and wildcat. cannon's reports have gone really down hill since the circa 2002 and previous reports. they used to have incredibly detailed write ups on their web page (they were not doing daily updates at the time i believe). when they upgraded the web site, their daily report was short and brief and chocked full of marketing items. i miss the old reports on the DRED site. don't get me wrong, their current daily reports are okay. just not what they used to be. at least they accurately report their snow fall, under estimating at times which i always appreciate. i generally check reports at the web sites for the latest info.

most inportantly, check the snow reports on here and first tracks online amongst other places that provide direct no bull reporting for the real conditions.

bigbog

Powder Alerts are ok. Once I move to normal workweek hours, it would be nice to have them forwarded to a cellphone as text msg...in order to make sure I won't be missing vital work the next day...justifying an AM (powder)sick-call :lol:. Once online, I usually check the areas' sites anyways...

ga2ski

SR and Killington. Unfortunately they come at the end of the day for the next day. Sometimes that is useful, but I would rather recieve the report 2.5 hours prior to turning the lifts each morming so i could get there if i wanted. Mainly I want the morning reports only for snowfall totals.