• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whiteface 11-23-2007

St. Jerry

Icy and cold at Whiteface??? What ??? Who woulda thunk it? What about the slides?!? The slides!!!

takeahike46er

Surprising, huh? I hear there was two feet of pow, sunny skies and warm temps in Vermont on Friday. Vermont roxxxx!!111lol

Dave L

Website
newbski.blogspot.com
Like any place else in the Northeast the best skiing is usually in March. However, mid-winter is usually very good. Last season from about mid-Jan. on the skiing was fantastic.

You'll find it crowded Pres. week of course, but even then not nearly as crowded as other places. If you go any other week you'll pretty much ski right up to the lift and get on. Weekends have some lines, but never very long.

We were up April 9th with decent conditions, mashed potatoes at below the mid, but a solo ride up the gondola proved much fluffier...it's surreal to get above those lower clouds!!

loafer89

I am thinking about skiing at Whiteface again on saturday, Liftopia is offering a deal of $54 for Warren and I, this is a pretty good deal. We would ski Gore on Sunday with lift tickets at $47 for me and $23 for Warren.

If the cold holds for the weekend, the snowmaking production should be decent.

Dave L

Website
newbski.blogspot.com
I absolutely cannot wait to ski this year. Before last year I hadn't skied in 12. Didn't get out last year till mid february. I'm trying to hold off till it's solid everywhere so the wife can enjoy some quality skiing. She's a cautious newb and I'm upper intermediate only because I push hard to learn and conquer. I think a helmet is in order this year!! This weekend is jammed for me so most likely we will get out the following weekend, but not sure where, thinking Jiminy Peak cuz it's close but gore might not be bad either.

tjf67

Heard a rumor lower cloud is opening this morning. May have to boot out of work around 2

Drifter let me know if you two connect I would like to share a gondi ride

loafer89

I heard that Upper and Lower Northway have snowmaking on them and should open soon.
Upper Northway was listed as opened yesterday, but not today.

loafer89

Heard a rumor lower cloud is opening this morning. May have to boot out of work around 2

Drifter let me know if you two connect I would like to share a gondi ride

How would one get to Lower Cloudspin? via Connector?

loafer89

It's been fun listening to the Podcast snow report as they have been having technical problems and the lady's voice is playing at 2-3 times the normal speed. Warren get's a kick out of the "mickey mouse" helium voice.:razz:

It's only 19F at Lake Placid right now. Kind of cold for late November.

loafer89

We just got our lift tickets on Liftopia and we are all set for saturday. I read that Connector and Lower Cloudspin opened at noon.

loafer89

I just printed the invoice which is all that I need to get my lift tickets at Whiteface customer service. They have an internet/pre-purchase lane inside the lodge

Dave L

Website
newbski.blogspot.com
Either Connector or John's Bypass whichever one they open. Last season they didn't use Connector hardly at all, which is good because John's Bypass is a fun little trail.
That was my first run off the gondola...My intention was to take a nice ride down excelsior, but for fear of traveling where I shouldn't, I kept way left and took what was a fun little trail, John's Bypass which I highly recommend even after one run. When I emerged at lower cloudspin I was like Whoaa! It was a work out for a new skier but what fun!!!
Here was a look back up....