• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whiteface - Nov. 26 & 27

highpeaksdrifter

Date(s) Skied: Sat. & Sun – 11/26 & 11/27

Resort or Ski Area: Whiteface Mt.

Conditions: Manmade, light snow Sat. – Sunny Sun. No wind either day

Trails Open – Mixing Bowl, Upper Valley, Lower Valley, Excelsior, Summit Express Broadway, Boreen (Sunday only)

Trip Report: Mixing Bowl is a beginner trail serviced by it’s own chairlift. The Gondola and Face Lift Express were both open. Both trails and lifelines were uncrowned. The drill was Excelsior to Upper Valley to Lower Valley to base with a variation of Excelsior to Summit Express to Broadway to Lower Valley. 2,500 feet of vert. so at least the limited choices were relatively long. Added Boreen to the mix on Sunday.

The conditions were mostly groomed with good cover. About an inch of fresh toped it off during the day on Sat. Some bumps began to form Sat. afternoon. Snow on sides of trails began to build up, which was nice. The centers held up very well. None of the terrain parks were open, but a park ranger built a nice kicker which jib nation made good use of.

Sunday was the best day of the too for sure, beautiful sunny sky’s with a high around 30 degrees.

Because of added snowmaking on the summit of Whiteface and improved grading I had hoped snowmaking would have started on the upper mountain, but not yet.

Overall Impression – it was a fun weekend of doing laps to get the legs in shape.

To view some pictures click the link below

http://forums.alpinezone.com/module...ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Greg

Staff member
highpeaksdrifter said:
Fantastic shots! Especially this:

100_1461.jpg

Thanks!

highpeaksdrifter said:
At 10:50 am, 11/28/05 how the heck does SOD have 4x the views on his dopey report then I do on my well thought out report with pictures? Dang
His was originally posted in the main skiing forum until this AM...

Son of Drifter

highpeaksdrifter said:
At 10:50 am, 11/28/05 how the heck does SOD have 4x the views on his dopey report then I do on my well thought out report with pictures? Dang

Because I'm cool and everyone in this forum wants to hear from the cool guys. Nice pictures though.