• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wild Boar Shuts down I-91 Sunday Night

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Ascutney, Vermont - November 30, 2010
A wild boar caused some major traffic problems on Interstate 91 near Ascutney on Sunday night.
Authorities believe the animal escaped a nearby game preserve and somehow ended up on the Interstate.
Two SUVs struck the animal, as did five cars traveling behind them. Several of the vehicles went airborne and police say one flew almost 300 ft. into the median.
The multi-vehicle accident forced police to shut down that stretch of I-91 until the mess could be cleaned up.
WCAX News

A reader comments:

"Anyone who lives in the area knows that there are wild boar living outside of the park. The Hurricane of '38 pulled down fences and they have been around ever since. It's not like this one escaped yesterday. This accident scene is 20 - 30 miles and across the Ct River from the park. When I was a kid one charged into the side of our car. We donated it to a wild game dinner."

drjeff

For when Glenn reads this, and I'm sure he will!

two words: Officer Price!

Long story that Mrs. Glenn is REALLY good at telling :lol:

Glenn

For when Glenn reads this, and I'm sure he will!

two words: Officer Price!

Long story that Mrs. Glenn is REALLY good at telling :lol:

LMAO! I wonder if he was on call that night? :lol: