• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat 3/13

mlkrgr

Wildcat skied really well. We had very little drizzle and some snow showers off and on throughout the day. Aside from a few gritty spots on upper polecat, a few icy areas that could be avoided and some firm wet snow on the few trails left ungroomed, everything skied pretty well considering the rain we had Friday. ROTD was Bobcat. A lot of trails had wet powder that was still quite edgeable. Lift lion was a bit icy but still enjoyable. They opened a few "ski it if you can" black diamond trails throughout the day as the snow softened up.

I'll be back there tommorrow for another day as I planned an overnight stay at the North Conway Grand at the last minute. Gotta love the hot cider and cookies they greet you with and the good midweek rates with an Entertainment card.

skierbum

Glad you liked Wildcat. One of my favorite mountains in the east.

How were the "ski it if you can" blacks skiing?

mlkrgr

Glad you liked Wildcat. One of my favorite mountains in the east.

How were the "ski it if you can" blacks skiing?

Didn't ski them as they are too tough for me; some of the ungroomed blues such as Copycat (the trail under the Bobcat lift) have a firm wet snow, which made them tough enough for me. The word was that the people that tried them liked them although they hit some rocks.