• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

World's scariest (adult only) haunted house in New York

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

Gotta be honest, I don't think I'd do it.

http://www.blackouthh.com/

Reviews

Michael Riedel, Theater Critic for New York Post
“‘Blackout Haunted House,’ a grisly evening of sado-masochism that, while right up my alley, is not for the faint of heart. It’s ‘extreme theater’…and for all the physical contact in ‘Blackout,’ the most unsettling part is when you’re left alone for minutes in utter darkness. As you stand there waiting for something to happen you begin to cower, sensing that, in fact, you are not alone. Someone, something, is stalking you, reveling in your fear.” (more)

New York Magazine
“For a glimpse into the twisted tension of Blackout you need look no further than the list of rules, which instruct you to walk through alone, wear a protective mask, and do exactly as the actors (who definitely get invasive at times) command. You will get grabbed and you will have to run or crawl at various points, but no worries: There’s a safety word if you think you’ll break. And many have broken. Not for those afraid of the dark or prone to mental instability.(more)