• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

THE KILLINGTON CUP.

Smellytele

Don’t be a douche bag. This is a cool event to check out.
Not being a douche just wouldn’t want to deal with the traffic/parking and while I love skiing I do not like ski racing. I used to stay/ski at K on thanksgiving weekend but not since the race has been there. I will head somewhere else and let the ones that like this sort of thing have their fun.

mister moose

It’s a great time, beautiful women all around and we get right on the gondi without any line, plenty of snow, parking was easy
Wait, you mean there aren't beautiful women all around every weekend?

thetrailboss

Staff member
I wonder what the "Dynamic Pricing" will be for the FastTrack Lanes that weekend..... ;)

boston_e

I wonder what the "Dynamic Pricing" will be for the FastTrack Lanes that weekend..... ;)
Will be interesting to see - in my experience when we have ventured out to ski a bit on that weekend the base area where the race is happening is usually mobbed, but the trails are mostly empty.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Will be interesting to see - in my experience when we have ventured out to ski a bit on that weekend the base area where the race is happening is usually mobbed, but the trails are mostly empty.
So $150 for Superstar? ;) :ROFLMAO:

Killingtime

View attachment 51989View attachment 51990It’s a great time, beautiful women all around and we get right on the gondi without any line, plenty of snow, parking was easy
Miss that view. Got to attend the WC two years in a row. Pretty fun event if you can deal with the crowds and long lines for beer. The skiing is usually blah that time of year anyway. Just enjoy the party.

skiur

Couple of guns going at the bottom of superstar headwall, stockpiling has begun.

Newpylong

It's a pressure test, it's nearly 40 degrees at the Peak. Game on is later this week.

Edit: I am told they will likely run tonight up top. Seems weird with the forecast through the week, but they do love to burn money lol.

Last edited:

flakeydog

FYI- Tix went on sale at 10 for those interested. Also, parking passes are on a lottery system this year.

boston_e

I saw that - kind of a bummer that you have to commit to tickets before knowing if you will have parking in the lottery.

I get there are shuttles but 50%+ of the fun is doing the tailgate in the parking lot.