• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

where should you live NYTimes quiz

KustyTheKlown

The only two sources I have found to have a paywall that can’t be avoided with a simple private browser are the Washington post and the economist

KustyTheKlown

Why? Great newspaper...

I assume because libs. And that he’s more of a breitbart newsmax fox kinda guy.

Which is ridiculous. The Times is one of the most trusted sources of news in the world. More pulitzers than any other paper. You don’t need to read the Opinion pages if you disagree with center-left takes but it’s newsroom is top quality:

Funky_Catskills

Which is ridiculous. The Times is one of the most trusted sources of news in the world. More pulitzers than any other paper. You don’t need to read the Opinion pages if you disagree with center-left takes but it’s newsroom is top quality:
Oh OK... Agree - Love the NYT. Every once and a while I buy the Sunday paper if it's a rainy day.
Crazy what people turn their backs on these days in the name of owning "libs".

VTKilarney

It worked fine for me.

Trust me... you aren't missing much. It recommended some atrocious places for me.

thebigo

This thread cracks me up, amazing how even the most innocuous topics can somehow circle back to politics in our current society.

Got in via incognito tab. The quiz put me in Milan NH, which is amazing because that is the approximate area I would relocate to tomorrow if my kids weren't tied to their school and my wife wasn't tied to her hospital - maybe a few towns south or west.

2Planker

I got Portland ME
This thread cracks me up, amazing how even the most innocuous topics can somehow circle back to politics in our current society.

Got in via incognito tab. The quiz put me in Milan NH, which is amazing because that is the approximate area I would relocate to tomorrow if my kids weren't tied to their school and my wife wasn't tied to her hospital - maybe a few towns south or west.
Nice town, Former home of Marvelous Marvin Hagler - RIP

KustyTheKlown

yea, it got me pretty good too. upstate ny and vermont are where i talk about moving. i never really consider california but I'll take the two ski towns they recommended to me.

i have never been to Milan but i quite like Gorham. i tend to stay in Gorham when i do Sunday River on a Saturday and someplace closer to home on the Sunday. there's a surprisingly good sort of upscale foodie restaurant in Gorham, forgetting the name right now tho

abc

I agree you probably aren’t missing much. But it isn’t about any atrocious recommendation. It’s just I know what I’m looking for and I’m already there!

Truth being, the majority of the ”things” on the desirable list aren’t what I care. The things I care are just so obvious I don’t need no some dumb quizz.

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ

Not so much............just don't trust the MSM anymore, to many news reporters starting their sentences with "I THINK" bring back people like Walter Cronkite, don't need opinions just news. The BBC seams to be a good source for me.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Amusing. Got it to work on a PC. Wasn't working on my phone.

It came up with the neighboring town to where I grew up in Mass and where my closest cousins lived. You couldn't pay me to move back to Mass.

I have zero intentions of moving away from coastal NH. For my tastes, it's the best place to live in the country. Except for November and April. Those months, like the rest of New England, positively suck.

VTKilarney

I have zero intentions of moving away from coastal NH

The stretch between Portsmouth and Portland is one of the best places to live in New England.

Easy access to mountains, ocean, lakes, and Boston.

I love Vermont, but I grew up near the ocean and I miss it quite a bit.

ThatGuy

Amusing. Got it to work on a PC. Wasn't working on my phone.
Probably opened NYT on the phone at one point and didn’t clear your cookies/cache, they are like nazis when it comes to people skirting their paywall.