• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

T-shirts for 2022-2023

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I bit about me and my Etsy shop:

I’m a lifetime skier, hiker and outdoor enthusiast living in Alexandria, New Hampshire.

I’m also a graphic designer. I was trying to think of ways to sell t-shirts from my car while skiing. Warren Miller and John Burton got their starts similarly. Well, that would mean three things for me. First is overhead; I’d have to have t-shirts already printed and ready to sell in a variety of sizes. That would mean a lot of inventory that would also take up a ton of space and cost me a bundle of money before I even got started. Secondly it would mean I would spend a lot of time sitting by my car hoping for someone to stumble upon my “store”. Thirdly, I would only have one, maybe two designs available at a time but I’m always thinking of new designs. I’d end up more of a shop keeper than graphic designer let alone skier. That would be awful.

The solution? Print-On-Demand, commonly referred to as POD. This allows me to post hundreds of designs and products online that don’t exist until you place an order. What makes POD possible? Direct-to-Print or DTP. That is the use of special inkjet or dye sublimation to print directly to almost ANYTHING imaginable. So blank t-shirts, mugs, cups, paper, canvas, dresses, aprons, mouse pads and many other things can have any design printed directly on to them.

So whether I’m skiing or hiking or sleeping in, I can sell my graphic designs on a variety of products without the hassle of keeping a store full of merchandise. And these are original designs! You won’t find them anywhere else. Plus it allows me to do custom designs at almost anytime (because I’m either skiing or hiking or sleeping in). So if you have an idea you’d like to see on a t-shirt or mug or something drop me a line here and I’ll work up an original design that will be yours alone (or at least the first to have).

So please look through my store. I’ve got over 200 products and designs and more coming. And if you don’t see something, say something and maybe I can make it happen.

Enjoy!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/RCMDESIGN603

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
My brother, a graphic designer himself, read my bio post and decided … to make me work. He likes the logo I made for myself (which is reminiscent of the NBA logo) and asked if I could give the same treatment to a photo of him when he raced for UConn. Here’s the results.

53D833AD-8ED7-4C91-A5CA-24B984A670F9.jpeg 62538038-58E6-4D0C-88EC-7D1B7C7BDCB2.jpeg

So I made a sticker pack

DBAEADBB-CEEC-4FD6-B6AF-5AAF180A59A5.jpeg

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Could use a bit of help with this "map" because I don't ski at Loon much. Need some help placing the glade trails, especially on South Peak.

Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 3.17.41 PM.png

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Took a bit of a break and finally finished my new ski classic tee

ski-classic-waterville-valley-unisex-tri-blend-crew-tee.jpg

BodeMiller1

I bit about me and my Etsy shop:

I’m a lifetime skier, hiker and outdoor enthusiast living in Alexandria, New Hampshire.

I’m also a graphic designer. I was trying to think of ways to sell t-shirts from my car while skiing. Warren Miller and John Burton got their starts similarly. Well, that would mean three things for me. First is overhead; I’d have to have t-shirts already printed and ready to sell in a variety of sizes. That would mean a lot of inventory that would also take up a ton of space and cost me a bundle of money before I even got started. Secondly it would mean I would spend a lot of time sitting by my car hoping for someone to stumble upon my “store”. Thirdly, I would only have one, maybe two designs available at a time but I’m always thinking of new designs. I’d end up more of a shop keeper than graphic designer let alone skier. That would be awful.

The solution? Print-On-Demand, commonly referred to as POD. This allows me to post hundreds of designs and products online that don’t exist until you place an order. What makes POD possible? Direct-to-Print or DTP. That is the use of special inkjet or dye sublimation to print directly to almost ANYTHING imaginable. So blank t-shirts, mugs, cups, paper, canvas, dresses, aprons, mouse pads and many other things can have any design printed directly on to them.

So whether I’m skiing or hiking or sleeping in, I can sell my graphic designs on a variety of products without the hassle of keeping a store full of merchandise. And these are original designs! You won’t find them anywhere else. Plus it allows me to do custom designs at almost anytime (because I’m either skiing or hiking or sleeping in). So if you have an idea you’d like to see on a t-shirt or mug or something drop me a line here and I’ll work up an original design that will be yours alone (or at least the first to have).

So please look through my store. I’ve got over 200 products and designs and more coming. And if you don’t see something, say something and maybe I can make it happen.

Enjoy!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/RCMDESIGN603
Using Wordpress is pretty easy (you don't have to be able to program). There is a steep learning curve at the start, butt you simply ad a picture (like you have here) and description, etc. You would control your own destiny. With Etsy it's easy to get lost in the crowd. For payment I'd go with Pay Pal or Square. Also, you wouldn't have to have a boat load of shirts printed as you could print after payment (just in time)... You could be up and running in a week at a cost of around $1,200 or so, there are many options and plug - ins. :unsure:

If the site catches fire 🔥👊 you would be printing money (I think you could go global with ease). Instead of a parking lot the world would be your oyster. You have nice stuff, you get what you get when you go for it! I tried doing this delivering groceries and it was over whelming, butt for your business model....

It is important to over pay your taxes until you hit your stride. 🏃‍♂️

Best of luck no matter your choice Buddy Roo

Meow

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Best of luck no matter your choice Buddy Roo

Meow
Thanks for the tips, David. I’ve been the Wordpress route and all I got were spammers. Posting here and other places gets some exposure and things are slowly starting to get some notice as SEO takes hold. With Etsy I don’t have to carry any inventory because I can use “print on demand” or POD vendors. Etsy takes their cut but to me that’s the price of doing business. They run the website and take my orders. The POD vendors print and ship directly to my customers. Easy peasy. I am also considering using Square Space and ebay.

Type “ski classic NH” in the Google search bar. See what you get.

Ciao.

BodeMiller1

Nice website, my issues with wordpress was they're support. Talked to the same guy over and over. Ended up going to the library and working it through books.

I'll get one at some point.

Meow