• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Signature Ski Move?

MadMadWorld

What are you known for? Some people enjoy hopping into their bindings, stomp landings, or sit down on the tails of their skis and zoom down the hill.

I personally have always been a fan of spraying (aka rooster tail. Aka white wash) a fallen comrade. It's just as fun doing it to your kids as an adult as it was when you did it to your buddies in middle school. Timeless!!

dmc

Writing my initials in the snow...

BenedictGomez

The Mach3 hockey-stop to within inches of someone. They know I'm going to stop, but it unnerves them.

I'm also a habitual snow-sprayer, especially to snowboarders since they're apt to be on the ground.

MadMadWorld

Hey, that's my move!

I try not to fall all that much but everyone knows that when I fall.....you better have your camera ready because it will be a photo op! On occasion I have tomahawked my way down some serious terrain with all but a few scratches and bruised egos

C-Rex

Getting off balance in the air and frantically rolling down the windows while thinking or saying to myself, "Shit shit shit shit shit!"

mriceyman

my one buddy does the spinning top 920 on his ass every once in awhile. absolutely hilarious.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Yeah might not be skier code but I love flying up on a buddy who is waiting and hard stopping right in front, spraying snow everywhere :snow:

jrmagic

I used to do this too until one of my friends did it to another friend. His edge slipped out and ran into the other guy shattering his leg and gave him a concussion.

Kerovick

Coming to a complete controled stop and then falling over.

gregnye

What are you known for?

Always eating Beef Chili for lunch at every ski area I go to! I rate the ski areas first on the skiing, and then on the chili! The worst resorts with Chili on the east coast are 1. Blue Hills, 2. Jay Peak, 3. Sunnapee. The best chili award goes to Waterville Valley.:)

BenedictGomez

Yeah might not be skier code but I love flying up on a buddy who is waiting and hard stopping right in front, spraying snow everywhere :snow:

But it's not against the skier code either!

just try it....

I've perfected it. I have it to the point where I can angle my tails tight together so I shoot a concentrated line of snow only about 12" wide instead of most people that get a much wider 3 or 4 foot spray, so it's like being shot with snow from a firehouse. As you can probably tell, I'm quite proud of this snow-sport "achievement".

dmc

But it's not against the skier code either!

I've perfected it. I have it to the point where I can angle my tails tight together so I shoot a concentrated line of snow only about 12" wide instead of most people that get a much wider 3 or 4 foot spray, so it's like being shot with snow from a firehouse. As you can probably tell, I'm quite proud of this snow-sport "achievement".

Again I say... Just try it... You may not be so proud after...
I don't take kindly to people that do that and don't know me..