• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sidewall bang on my new skis...ouch

mriceyman

At whiteface on tuesday they opened the high country glades so we figured lets check em out. Bad idea. No base and it shows. I almost cried when i saw the damage lol . At least it can be fixed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 180

mriceyman

they are my bonafides. apparently straightening out the titanium then heating it up and putting some resin in there. clamp it up and let it sit for a day or two. guess im gonna stay off em til tahoe in 10 days.

snoseek

Ummmm, I'd be calling Blizzard and seeing if you can get a full replacement. Skis are expensive and unless they're 2 plus years old the manufacturer needs to step up. Are you under warranty?

WWF-VT

Ummmm, I'd be calling Blizzard and seeing if you can get a full replacement. Skis are expensive and unless they're 2 plus years old the manufacturer needs to step up. Are you under warranty?

Why would Blizzard feel obligated to warranty a ski that was damaged by a skier hitting something (like a rock) ? If that was the case we'd all be lining up to buy Blizzard skis, trashing them and asking for free replacements.

snoseek

Why would Blizzard feel obligated to warranty a ski that was damaged by a skier hitting something (like a rock) ? If that was the case we'd all be lining up to buy Blizzard skis, trashing them and asking for free replacements.

Back when i skied on big name brand skis and constantly broke them warranty always covered me. That's how it used to work anyway.

Cheese

BTW, I would not pay for a repair. That ski is toast.

Depending on airline luggage charges you may want to consider renting in Tahoe. If you opt for the insurance, check the fine print. Many have changed their policies to theft only and won't cover damage. If your goal is to ski powder in Tahoe rather than groomers, consider mounting your boots 1" behind center. I think you'll like the subtle difference in the steep and deep.

Last edited:

mriceyman

Wow you guys just crushed my hopes and dreams. Im going to see how it comes out. I will post up pics of the repair. I guess i will also find out if they have any warranty action but im not keeping my hopes up for that. I honestly would be devastated(almost lol) if this is trashed. I loved riding these bad boys and was planning on putting alot of miles on them. A shot ski?? Hell no i would give it a proper burial lol. Should find out more later today.

Huck_It_Baby

I was thinking the same thing but then remembered one season back in the 90's K2 replaced THREE pairs of my Extremes which kept delaminating in the bumps.

mriceyman

I was thinking the same thing but then remembered one season back in the 90's K2 replaced THREE pairs of my Extremes which kept delaminating in the bumps.

i feel like your situation was more of a defect with the ski where as mine was a solid smash with an obstacle.

mriceyman

my guy at the shop said he has been in contact with blizzard and is in the process of getting them through warrantee. apparently if all goes right then i would get them replaced after the season. we shall see

Cheese

my guy at the shop said he has been in contact with blizzard and is in the process of getting them through warrantee. apparently if all goes right then i would get them replaced after the season. we shall see

Sounds like things are looking up. Here's hoping!

Puck it

Head did the same thing for a pair that my son dented riding rails. Used them the rest year and they replaced the Mojo 94 with Johnnie 94.