• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Abenaki master plan

drjeff

Having had my grandparents living in Wolfeboro for over 40yrs, I am quite familiar with the town. Let's just say that with the property taxes Wolfeboro collects on the shoreline homes on both Lake Winnipesaukee and Lake Wentworth, they've got some cash to play with ;-)

Heck, they've already got a nice indoor hockey rink at Abenaki and a very nice turf field/track/multiple baseball + soccer field complex a few miles away. Not to shabby for a town with a year round population well under 10k ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

canobie#1

+1. We have skied the for the fun of it and the rope tow hauls ass and is hard to grip because of that! So.... A chairlift would be nice!

I was quite surprised to see that the vertical was higher than I expected. Maybe they could go up higher with a chairlift, even add some new terrain.

xwhaler

What's the potential vert up there?

Sent from my VS980 4G using AlpineZone mobile app

canobie#1

Over 200, but I think the hill goes up farther if I am not mistaken.

drjeff

Sounds great! I live in Wolfeboro, can't wait

One of the best towns (not just small towns!) I've ever been too! Lots of GREAT people I've met over my 40+ yrs via my grandparents (now just grandmother) over the years!

If you've been to a restaurant in Wolfeboro that has Fresca, I can 100% say that my grandfather was responsible for that!! :)

deadheadskier

Staff member
One of the best towns (not just small towns!) I've ever been too! Lots of GREAT people I've met over my 40+ yrs via my grandparents (now just grandmother) over the years!

If you've been to a restaurant in Wolfeboro that has Fresca, I can 100% say that my grandfather was responsible for that!! :)

Your grandfather is Judge Smails? cool!

Wolfeboro is a wonderful town for sure. My wife's best friend and fiance live there and love it. We don't visit frequent enough, but every time we do I comment that we need to hang out there more often. The fiance grew up there and his dad taught high school in town for years.

On a side note, my dad's father who passed away when I was very young only drank Fresca for a soft drink. It's one of the few memories I have about my grandpa.