• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skier Throws Snowboarder Off Aspen Highlands Chairlift

AdironRider

what is the deal with this pic from the deadspin article?

i26vap3qreo38qkiru2l.jpg

Ive seen plenty of racers do this. There is usually a coach with his second or third pair all waxed up at the top.

gmcunni

Ive seen plenty of racers do this. There is usually a coach with his second or third pair all waxed up at the top.

i figured something like that but what is the point of this picture in an article about a snowboarder being tossed off a lift by a skier?

Edd

If someone pushed me off a lift and I fell 25 ft. I'd be out for blood. That's practically attempted murder. 25 feet is plenty high enough to do some serious damage, or even kill you if you land wrong. The fact that I was lucky enough to land in deep snow and not be injured would not be much of a consolation. I'd be hunting for that guy for the rest of the day, and if I calmed down enough to not take matters into my own hands, I'd still be damned sure the authorities got him.

That's why the story stinks. I think nearly anyone would feel as you do. I'd be so freaked even a pow day wouldn't keep me on track.

AdironRider

i figured something like that but what is the point of this picture in an article about a snowboarder being tossed off a lift by a skier?

I think you found the one niche Getty images doesn't have on file.

When Targhee opens up for summer season and is still covered in snow they make you ride up sans skis. Not really sure the mindset there but it is liberating I tell ya.

skiNEwhere

That's why the story stinks. I think nearly anyone would feel as you do. I'd be so freaked even a pow day wouldn't keep me on track.

I would imagine that the skier, especially if it was a local like reports indicate (who probably had a season pass), would leave immediately since he'd think that ski patrol would BOLO for him.

Highlands only has one base area, and it's very small as well. Unless the skier ducked the ropes to the road, you'd see him, eventually.

gmcunni

gmcunni

And as others have said we are not even sure if this happened as the guy claims it did.

In an interview with the Aspen Times, Deputy Jesse Steindler said, “We may not need to release a description (of him). That’s how confident we are that we can identify this person.”

catskills

It'd because of Trump's snowboarder hate speech in VT. Next up snowboarders will have to register and will be forced to wear emblems while walking down streets.

Yup I heard Trump won't let any snowboarders into America until he figures out what is going on.

Funky_Catskills

Yup I heard Trump won't let any snowboarders into America until he figures out what is going on.

I'm not saying your a snowboarder.. But i hear people talk.. And I don't know whats right or wrong... But a lot of people are saying that you are a snowboarder.. Not me.. I'm just hearing A LOT of people saying you are..