• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter is making snow - 11/17/20

kingslug

Our team here at Hunter Mountain has made the decision to postpone opening day due to unseasonably warm temperatures in the forecast. While we have been able to jump on certain snowmaking weather windows, including a productive run today, at this point we are not in a place to announce a new planned opening date but we will be sure to keep you all informed once we do.

Really weak snowmaking at the base despite the low temperatures. I see they are making on Madison though.

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
Our team here at Hunter Mountain has made the decision to postpone opening day due to unseasonably warm temperatures in the forecast. While we have been able to jump on certain snowmaking weather windows, including a productive run today, at this point we are not in a place to announce a new planned opening date but we will be sure to keep you all informed once we do.
Where was that posted?

SnowRock

Looks like they blew a lot since yesterday.
Nice.. i am planning to get up there to stretch the legs tomorrow. Looks like reservations are still available and I heard form friends Killington has been super quiet. So maybe a sign of what this early season may look like? Will be nice to get back on the snow after this longer than usual hiatus.

kingslug

Going to go up beginning of december..give them a chance to open a little more. Rain on Thursday ( of course)..but much colder next week. I used to start there as soon as they opened. It would be about half way down then walk over to the F lift.

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..

cdskier

I thought it was 50% capacity.
In NY it is 50% for the indoor capacity at ski resorts in the lodges...but overall number of people on the mountain can be running at 75% like abc said.