• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

HowieT2

Guns have been set up on Hotshot since the first week in November. Same with Spring Fling. They may have just opted to not blow seeing all the warm and rain in the forecast. But they was a couple of windows that were in the lower twenties on the hill for a few days.
Good temps forecast starting this afternoon until wednesday morning then back in the shitter again.

nhskier1969

I drove down to Kmart this morning. They did an amazing snow making job. I skied onto the chair for 19 of my 20 runs in 4 hours and 20k vert. The minor crowd dissipated by 11. Pretty much low level intermediate but it was great to feel normal again. I hope that today was the beginning of a great season for all of us- in state or out.

Most wore masks even when skiing. They have a parking reservation system that is pretty easy to use. The snow was pretty soft, never got sloppy despite the warm temps and wind. A couple ways down via three lifts on two seperate areas. Each run had good to edge no rocks, water bars filled in - top to bottom. I heard that they covered everything from zerro to skiable in 72 hours - most impressive for this 34x sugarbush season pass holder. For what Killington is they have a great execution of a good product- no complaints and the lift never stopped all day- go figure.
Seems like they run into an issue every early season. Low water, pipe burst etc. It's always the same problem. The only difference this year, we don't have Win to keeps us up to date.

djd66

Not sure if anyone is listening over there,... but it would be nice if they could fix the webcams.

cdskier

Ikon's VT Attestation form is now live. I got an e-mail from Sugarbush a little while ago about it. Looks like it is a manual process for Alterra to activate your pass though after signing and it could take them up to 48 hours they say. Signing my signature using a mouse was interesting...not sure I've ever done that before.

KustyTheKlown

ya i got the same email from stratton and sugarbush and attested twice. wasn't sure if my pass number is the number beneath the bar code or the number on the rear. also if it is the number on the front, i don't know if it includes what looks like a capital letter i or whatever this key is "|", which precedes the number on the front. oh well?

cdskier

ya i got the same email from stratton and sugarbush and attested twice. wasn't sure if my pass number is the number beneath the bar code or the number on the rear. also if it is the number on the front, i don't know if it includes what looks like a capital letter i or whatever this key is "|", which precedes the number on the front. oh well?

I went with the one on front and took the first character for an uppercase "i".

Slidebrook87

Just checked the webcam. It looks like they’re making snow at the base area but I can’t tell if they are anywhere else on the mountain. Earlier today they had bravo spinning as well.

Hawk

Ikon's VT Attestation form is now live. I got an e-mail from Sugarbush a little while ago about it. Looks like it is a manual process for Alterra to activate your pass though after signing and it could take them up to 48 hours they say. Signing my signature using a mouse was interesting...not sure I've ever done that before.
Please post the link or the details. Some have not received the email.

cdskier

Please post the link or the details. Some have not received the email.

Dear Ikon Pass holder,

Vermont is requiring that season pass holders attest to compliance with all current travel guidelines before you ski or snowboard in Vermont this winter. Your Ikon Pass will not be active in Vermont until you have completed this form. This attestation is required for ALL guests visiting Sugarbush.

Please complete your Season Pass Attestation as soon as possible; the activation of your pass may take up to 48 hours. Your pass will not be active until you have completed this form.

While the attestation is a one-time process, we ask that you please check the most current guidelines before each visit to Vermont.

We look forward to seeing you soon, and appreciate your support and cooperation with these protocols, developed to help keep us all healthy and our ski and snowboard season long.
Thank You,

Sugarbush Resort

Instructions for completing the form: Each person age 18 and older must complete and submit the form. One adult in the household may fill out the form for themselves and anyone in the household under the age of 18.

To take advantage of Ikon Friends and Family tickets (25% discount), the Ikon Pass holder, or their guest, must go to IKON F&F by noon the day prior to arrival, purchase the ticket and attest for their guest, Ikon pass number required for validation. The ticket will be available for pickup at any ticket window or SugarXpress kiosk with order confirmation email.​

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
Gatehouse- everything is sent up Hot Shot.

Not necessarily. Pushover is charged from a bunker at the bottom of Easy Rider and that line stops at the top of Pushover. Hot Shot line is for Hot Shot, Sleeper, and the North Lynx duo. Its an above ground line, unlike Pushover. We would often charge the HS line to get Pushover since we needed to make snow closer to the lift for unloading, so with that you used the HS hydrants. HS line started directly across from North Lynx chair. The first Pushover hydrant is just down the breakover.

At one point, Pushover did used to charge thru Hot Shot... I've seen the pipe in North Lynx, but it no longer is possible to do so, IIRC. I was never a huge fan of charging lines, espec with the system already pressurized, but got it done nevertheless.

Hope everyone stays safe!

Hawk

Looks like they are blowing snow on Spring Fling. The web cam on the apps shows it. They should be in good shape for the opening on Monday if all goes well.

HowieT2

Looks like they are blowing snow on Spring Fling. The web cam on the apps shows it. They should be in good shape for the opening on Monday if all goes well.
surprised I don't see a fan gun running there.

slatham

The weather is not looking good for the next week.
Be careful with next week. Don’t get too depressed or excited by one run of one model. Upper pattern is actually turning favorable. Might not deliver. But models not on it yet.