• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

COVID concerns in the Northeast

abc

Also know of students who have been kicked out of Med/Dent school for posting Pt clinical photos on Social Media.
Not good, Big HIPPA violation. Fine can be in the Millions $$$$$$
If any "future doctor/dentist" had so little respect for the patients privacy to post photos? They should NEVER be allowed to become actual doctor/dentist!

Seems to me the punishment fits the crime.

(besides, if they're so free to violate HIPPA, they may be just as cavalier to other regulations and practices. Do you want them to operate on you?)

drjeff

If any "future doctor/dentist" had so little respect for the patients privacy to post photos? They should NEVER be allowed to become actual doctor/dentist!

(besides, if they're so free to violate HIPPA, they may be just as cavalier to other regulations and practices. Do you want them to operate on you?)
Technically from a HIPPA standpoint, PATIENTS aren't supposed to be on their phones while in the treatment rooms either based on the chance that they potentially could photo/video another patient in the office at the same time.

I can say that I've never taken a picture of a patient to post on social media. Certainly taken plenty of pictures of patients in treatment though, with their consent, to use in communication with other professional colleagues and/or labs.

Also had many pictures of me, taken with patients, by either the patient of their parent, that have been posted on social media after things such as a child's first visit or the completion of a great case, in which the patients post often becomes a GOOD form of free social media marketing.

There are some clear "don't go there EVER" situations where it comes to the delivery of Healthcare and posts to social media. There are also some items that fall into the "gray area" and even a few, that with both parties consent, are "green light" items.

And what defines all 3 of those may even have a bit to do as well about what one's employment situation is (large corporate/State/Federal facility vs a small, private, non corporate facility)

BenedictGomez

an update from the CDC dated 10/5/20, regarding the airborne transmission of covid. the CDC states that airborne transmission of covid19 can occur

I mean, that's literally the way you get COVID19.

As of the last time I checked a few months ago, I dont think there were any known/proven surface contact cases globally. This is the language still on the CDC site, "Spread from touching surfaces is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads." - that's very intentionally ambiguous language which would seem to suggest it can spread by surface contact, but if it can, they cant prove it yet. It's CYA language.

But Clorox wipes are still flying off the shelves faster than their manufacturing lines can produce it.

drjeff

As of the last time I checked a few months ago, I dont think there were any known/proven surface contact cases globally. This is the language still on the CDC site, "Spread from touching surfaces is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads." - that's very intentionally ambiguous language which would seem to suggest it can spread by surface contact, but if it can, they cant prove it yet. It's CYA language.

But Clorox wipes are still flying off the shelves faster than their manufacturing lines can produce it.

The fact that you still see so many people wearing gloves in public out of COVID fear is laughable, and does nothing but further decrease a glove supply that going to have some supply issues for sure in the coming months (think of all those gloves that will be used during the vaccination of literally BILLION worldwide, and often with the need for 2 doses, and with an added strain on the supply side due to one of the largest glove manufacturers in the world, which is a plant in Malyasia being off line due to a fire at the plant recently that will have it offline for a while as well.

My suppliers are telling me that the gloves that I currently get at about $25-30 for a box of 100 will likely spike to about $50 a box in the next few months as worldwide vaccinations start, if they can even get gloves to sell me!

2Planker

Technically from a HIPPA standpoint, PATIENTS aren't supposed to be on their phones while in the treatment rooms either based on the chance that they potentially could photo/video another patient in the office at the same time.

I can say that I've never taken a picture of a patient to post on social media. Certainly taken plenty of pictures of patients in treatment though, with their consent, to use in communication with other professional colleagues and/or labs.

Also had many pictures of me, taken with patients, by either the patient of their parent, that have been posted on social media after things such as a child's first visit or the completion of a great case, in which the patients post often becomes a GOOD form of free social media marketing.
the MD/DMD's who
There are some clear "don't go there EVER" situations where it comes to the delivery of Healthcare and posts to social media. There are also some items that fall into the "gray area" and even a few, that with both parties consent, are "green light" items.

And what defines all 3 of those may even have a bit to do as well about what one's employment situation is (large corporate/State/Federal facility vs a small, private, non corporate facility)

Exactly !! Most future offenders have had Ethical issues while in school....
Usually for initial violation they are suspended, and have to do some type of remediation, before being allowed back...
In the long run, it will take them 6mo-1yr longer to graduate, at $80,000/yr tuition.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com

I was a suburb a while ago and watched a UPS guy drop a box by a front door . Main door opens screen door opens 6" a hand extends around with a can of Lysol , she sprayed it for 10 seconds ( On her hands an knees ) , 5 minutes latter she went out with gloves and picked up the box . I can only imagine what the opening procedure was like LOL

mbedle

I was a suburb a while ago and watched a UPS guy drop a box by a front door . Main door opens screen door opens 6" a hand extends around with a can of Lysol , she sprayed it for 10 seconds ( On her hands an knees ) , 5 minutes latter she went out with gloves and picked up the box . I can only imagine what the opening procedure was like LOL

cdskier

This sounds like what my grandmother does every day with the mail (even though my aunt who used to be a nurse told her there's no reason to). Meanwhile she sees no problem going out to the beauty parlor to get her hair done though! (She's 95 fwiw).

2Planker

That’s my wife’s exact routine. Except w/ Microban. Then everything sits in the garage for 3 days before coming inside the house.
I’m in HC and already lost my Dad, so who am I to put up a fight

abc

I dont think there were any known/proven surface contact cases globally.
It's also very difficult to prove though. Most of the time, when a surface is touched by two people, they tend to have met face to face, which falls into the air transmission route.

The only way to "prove" surface transmission is they touch the surface at a separate time. But it also need to be outdoors. Because if it's indoors, you can't tell if it's because the virus in the room air is being recirculated.

So, it's easier to prove a transmission channel. But much harder to prove a NON-transmission channel.

Even harder if that transmission venue is overshadowed by other much more likely transmission venues. The lack of documented surface transmission at least tells us it's not the dominant transmission venue.

spiderpig

Just like colleges checking social media to see if students are quarantining....
One NE school expelled many students based on what was visible on social media.

Also know of students who have been kicked out of Med/Dent school for posting Pt clinical photos on Social Media.
Not good, Big HIPPA violation. Fine can be in the Millions $$$$$$
HIPAA

Smellytele

It seems like a lot of people from outside of VT are still skiing in VT without quarantining. So a lot must be lying. And why not? No one is getting busted.

Smellytele

How do you know? Serious question. From observing this forum or in real like at the mountains?
Well for 1 example a few friends of my sons have been traveling up on weekends to ski with their family. The kids have been going to school and their parents to work. Others on here while not coming out and saying it (while some have said it- Dr Jeff) seem to be traveling back and forth to their primary homes and working on a regular basis.

KustyTheKlown

ive been in vermont since wednesday. at killington Wednesday based on license plates and general atmosphere i would assume most were not quarantined. sugarbush yesterday and friday seemed better. not sure about today, avoiding Saturday AM, will go out after noon. i did quarantine.

NYDB

Well for 1 example a few friends of my sons have been traveling up on weekends to ski with their family. The kids have been going to school and their parents to work. Others on here while not coming out and saying it (while some have said it- Dr Jeff) seem to be traveling back and forth to their primary homes and working on a regular basis.
Yeah I'm not sure how people can justify traveling every week with the kids in school. I really hope these people don't end up giving VT a reason to shut down the mountains

Smellytele

Yeah I'm not sure how people can justify traveling every week with the kids in school. I really hope these people don't end up giving VT a reason to shut down the mountains
I agree that anyone breaking the rules could jeopardize it. Like I said they there have been no reports of anyone getting in trouble for it so what is the deterrent?