• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A flatlander storm Wednesday?

da-bum

This is pretty much the only thing State of New Jersey does right. We can get 36", and by the next morning the roads are blacktop. We must have more salt trucks & plows per-capita than any state in the nation.

Pennsylvania, however, that's another story. When you drive to the Poconos from New Jersey after a snow day you literally "see" the state border from far away, which is the only time you can see a typically invisible line.
This must be how VT is compared to MA. Once I took an early start driving from NYC to K thru MA when it has been snowing. The highway looked like rain and slush on the MA side, and as soon as I crossed to VT, it was unshoveled hwy and local road all the way to K, with bumper to bumper the whole way on I91. Instead of arriving at 8-9AM, I got there around 11:30AM.

Bandit2941

2' at Belleayre and Plattekill.

Belle tomorrow and Platty on Saturday. Not going to try today, about a foot to clear out of my driveway but roads seem passable now.

Platty opens Sat and Belle on a delay site says still not open for skiing today. Ha glad I didn't try to go today.
You should have come today. Lift 8 opened at 10:25. Yes there was a delay which was irritating at the time but that was long forgotten about after a couple runs. Fresh lines all day super good. They’re hoping for lift 6 tomorrow, if so you’ll have a lot to explore over there. I have to work tomorrow but back at the Belle Saturday.

drjeff

Stop the brutal grooming!!

I have to think that many, many resorts are going to be burning lots of diesel in their fleets of cats tonight.

Not much snow down, if any, over much of their terrain. 1+ to almost 4 feet of snow over most of ski country.

Christmas week crowds just over a week away. Generally light density for most of the snow.

Pack it to get some base snow, and suddenly the ability to open a bunch of lifts and if applicable, multiple lodges, ahead of one of the typically busiest weeks of the year, and most GM's have to have a smile on their faces right now.

Can't blame them from an ops standpoint for wanting to pack this fluff down

JimG.

Staff member
I have to think that many, many resorts are going to be burning lots of diesel in their fleets of cats tonight.

Not much snow down, if any, over much of their terrain. 1+ to almost 4 feet of snow over most of ski country.

Christmas week crowds just over a week away. Generally light density for most of the snow.

Pack it to get some base snow, and suddenly the ability to open a bunch of lifts and if applicable, multiple lodges, ahead of one of the typically busiest weeks of the year, and most GM's have to have a smile on their faces right now.

Can't blame them from an ops standpoint for wanting to pack this fluff down
Actually I was referring to his pics of his yard.

KustyTheKlown

Okemo reported over 3 feet and I can attest that driving thru ludlow at 4 pm looked like alaska

today was fucking outstanding. all time. classic

Stratton is too flat in many spots for this much fresh snow tho

JimG.

Staff member
You should have come today. Lift 8 opened at 10:25. Yes there was a delay which was irritating at the time but that was long forgotten about after a couple runs. Fresh lines all day super good. They’re hoping for lift 6 tomorrow, if so you’ll have a lot to explore over there. I have to work tomorrow but back at the Belle Saturday.
Happy to track up the leftovers tomorrow. No way I was going to make it today. Sure I'll find some stashes.

Glad it was good and that you had a nice day after the delay.

tnt1234

what are lift 8 and 6?

tnt1234

Lift 8 is the Tomahawk, Lift 6 is Super Chief....or Belleayre Express.......

Speaking of 6, it opened this afternoon.
It did? We left around 2:45. Didn’t notice it spinning.

great day. More people on the “closed” trails than the two “open” ones. Glad they weren’t hassling people. Snow was perfect.

KustyTheKlown

few pics from stratton on storm day

i arrived early and had second chair, skied alone all morning, and then ran into two friends. having a trio made the lift situation better - there was a window of chaos time at ursa where being alone would have been hard. savages.

E031EC89-57DD-4AD0-9E95-BE8A964AD63C.jpegE1BE9CF3-8EFD-4B80-88E4-A468F2D06F8A.jpegBF7BF807-9049-431A-818C-22112C271D29.jpeg
2E40A158-CDDC-4442-AF14-F680B088D380.jpegFF923E3E-9BFE-4933-8B57-ED262BE8B17F.jpeg25EC53D9-3EBF-487D-B24B-8D815F9B7EE8.jpegAF5231D3-EA0B-4664-8295-A55A0F3D3E52.jpeg

Bandit2941

It did? We left around 2:45. Didn’t notice it spinning.

great day. More people on the “closed” trails than the two “open” ones. Glad they weren’t hassling people. Snow was perfect.
Yeah it opened about 2, I wasn’t there but my wife and friends were. Funny when the closed trails have bumps on them. Even the gapers were poaching yesterday.

Website says opening the mid downs tomorrow. Nice to see. Still powder to be had tomorrow ;)

cdskier

That's crazy. Maurice DuBois needs to learn a little about his own state though. The caption said Owego, yet he said Oswego. He said near Binghamton, which would be Owego. But then he also said "way upstate" referring to the location. Oswego is way upstate, but I wouldn't consider Owego or Binghamton "way" upstate...

KustyTheKlown

As expected Covid rules don’t apply to new yorkers
If you’re talking to me, I work from home, and quarantined for 14 days in my apt before coming to Vermont for two weeks by my self beginning dec 8 when there was no snow. The friends I skied one day with met me there and we didn’t share indoor space. So kindly suck my dick you asshole.

Reactions: abc