• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

Smellytele

Update. The last it was was at 4:30 it said 5, I walked away and checked back at 4:55 and I was in saying i had been since 4:46.
Anyway I got tickets for next Saturday. FYI 1,50 charge for each order so clump them. Also I wanted to use my indy pass for my wife and I but you could only book 1 per order. Pain in the ass.

2planks2coasts

Anybody go today - curious how lift lines and parking were...

I did. It was great for an opening day. They definitely need more snow though. Got there at 1030 and just left. Never had more than one party in front of me at the lifts yet some of the lower slopes felt a bit crowded, especially around the top of Eagle Cliff.

Attachments

• DSC_0016.JPG
    DSC_0016.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 19

Smellytele

They were closed today because of the dreaded south wind. I did skin up but only to the bottom of the cannonball chair. Got knocked over once. wind was crazy. Came back and skied Pats Peak. 3 hour drive to ski Pats which usually takes me under 10 minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: Edd

Bumpsis

Anybody skied Cannon today (1/18)? Their website said that they sold out. I'm really curious how busy does it get over there under sold out conditions.

bizarrefaith

Lines were better today than Saturday or Sunday, except for Cannonball. Lines have been bad by Cannon standards but still not horrible - 15ish minutes at worst.
Cannonball has been tougher since it’s the only way to the top now, and the lift location also makes the lines a bit of a mess. I’ve been mostly avoiding it as a result.

thetrailboss

Staff member

Not to give it away, but Cannon sold 1,000 more season passes this season to date. A 20% increase (so 5k to 6k season passes). Very interesting info. That extra $$$ probably has translated into better ops this season as folks have pointed out.

bizarrefaith

Even given that increase in season pass sales, there are less people on the mountain due to the limit in day ticket sales - you can tell just from the parking lots. I haven’t seen the overflow lot close to full. Lines are all a result of lack of tram and reduced uphill capacity as a result of being unable to fill chairs with unrelated parties.

snoseek

I cant speak for weekends but midweek has been pretty mellow except when there was race training on the front 5. With Mittersill open thats not a factor now. Tuesdays and Thursdays have been quieter if anything.

I do know they are letting NH residents buy a 45 dollar ticket the next 2 wednesdays so that could bring some midweek volume.

thetrailboss

Staff member

bizarrefaith

Not sure if anybody else saw -- they first announced on the mountain report Sunday I think -- but Cannonball pub is shut down for a week, they had two staff positives.

machski

I cant speak for weekends but midweek has been pretty mellow except when there was race training on the front 5. With Mittersill open thats not a factor now. Tuesdays and Thursdays have been quieter if anything.

I do know they are letting NH residents buy a 45 dollar ticket the next 2 wednesdays so that could bring some midweek volume.
Got me to go tomorrow, need a change from just Loon midweek. Hardpack groomers only fun for so long. Been a long time since I've been to Cannon, looking forward to it.

bizarrefaith

Anybody know why they built the park on skiers left of lower cannon instead of skiers right like in prior years? Doesn't make much sense to me with the amount of traffic headed left to get back to Peabody...

Last edited:

dblskifanatic

Anybody know why they built the park on skiers left of lower cannon instead of skiers right like in prior years? Doesn't make much sense to me with the amount of traffic headed left to get back to Peabody...

Do you have to go through the middle of the park to get to Gremlin? Or on Lower Cannon can you ski down on the right and cut over? It is still under the Eagle Cliff chair?