• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

ThatGuy

You folks feeling ok?
I come to this forum pretty much soley for this thread.
Has it really been 2 weeks since Vail last sucked?
:)
They’re back and better (at sucking) than ever.

eatskisleep

Jay peak just had it longest season?! Wildcat and Attitrash their shortest!

snoseek

So no live verification? Sounds like theres no way to verify the the carpool thing. If thats the case theres your way in

cdskier

Maybe this is a silly question...but if there are no gates/checkpoints and no in person transactions/interactions, how do they know who has 4 or more people in their car?

chuckstah

So no live verification? Sounds like theres no way to verify the the carpool thing. If thats the case theres your way in
It sounds just like at Mt Snow this season. We were told to park wherever you want except the front couple of rows where they occasionally checked. Employees just laughed and said you can pay if you want..... could change this season I'd guess if they have more staffing.

thetrailboss

Staff member

Yeah I saw the parking fees. If they were replacing the Toll House Double with the six-pack then I would not feel as badly if I were a passholder because I could park there fore free and use that lift to get to where I want. But that double is pretty slow and I imagine the lines there will now be longer due to the free parking.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
It sounds just like at Mt Snow this season. We were told to park wherever you want except the front couple of rows where they occasionally checked. Employees just laughed and said you can pay if you want..... could change this season I'd guess if they have more staffing.

Yikes!

Alta had a private company in charge of the parking reservations. Worked well as it was really enforced and managed by people who knew what they were doing. At least once a weekend I'd see a ticket on someone's car walking back to my own.

snoseek

Yikes!

Alta had a private company in charge of the parking reservations. Worked well as it was really enforced and managed by people who knew what they were doing. At least once a weekend I'd see a ticket on someone's car walking back to my own.
How did this work for the employees that commuted into the lodges not owned by alta? Where did the rustler/snowpine commuters park?

chuckstah

Yikes!

I did see a handful of tickets in one occasion this season at Mount Snow, but as we were told they were only on the cars in the first row of Carinthia right on the snow. We were parked next row from the snow, no tickets on any cars. Noone near us that we spoke with had paid.

drjeff

I did see a handful of tickets in one occasion this season at Mount Snow, but as we were told they were only on the cars in the first row of Carinthia right on the snow. We were parked next row from the snow, no tickets on any cars. Noone near us that we spoke with had paid.
I know from seeing them firsthand on the windshields of cars near where mine was parked in the lot out behind the main base lodge, that they were ticketing cars that hadn't paid in that lot regularly during the majority of the season. And that was both midweek and weekends. Tapered off though after roughly Presidents Week from what I saw.

Kingslug20

And how would they know if you have more than 2 people in the car?
Stowes lot is packed on weekends

drjeff

And how would they know if you have more than 2 people in the car?
Stowes lot is packed on weekends

I am sure that they will have developed the double super secret flux capacitor full vehicluar scanner that will either deploy road spikes to stop ones underfilled non paid vehicle or something similar to scan one's credit card or Epic pass at that moment :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Kingslug20

At JH the paid lot had a system like a parking garage..pay to get out..since carpooling will be free..thats a no go...

RH29

Vail still sucks, but my family plans on getting a two day Epic Day Pass for next season. Why?

-70$/35$ for kids a day is a great deal.
-As far as trip planning goes, it's a nice complement to our Indy passes. My guess is that I'll use it on an early season daytrip to Mount Snow (The Indies took their time opening up this year) and a day at either Attitash or Wildcat during an Indy trip to Waterville Valley.
-Not going to spend money, aside from maybe lunch, at their resorts. No onsite hotels, no gear or rentals, no onsite restaurants.

chuckstah

I know from seeing them firsthand on the windshields of cars near where mine was parked in the lot out behind the main base lodge, that they were ticketing cars that hadn't paid in that lot regularly during the majority of the season. And that was both midweek and weekends. Tapered off though after roughly Presidents Week from what I saw.
Makes sense that they check that lot with limited resources, as I believe you're talking about the lot that's been paid premium parking for years. My crew parked exclusively in the upper Carinthia lot without issue. A lot less days than you as well.