• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowbound Expo Nov 18-20

wa-loaf

This is the old Ski and Snowboard Expo in Boston rebranded.
Looks like some good brands and a lot of speakers. At a minimum it's cool to look at shiny new ski gear and grab some freebies and stickers.

They asked me to be an ambassador for some reason and gave me a code to offer free tickets: JKUETER

Or use this direct link: https://www.showclix.com/event/snowbound-expo/tag/JKUETER

instagram-image.png

2Planker

Wow. @ The Hynes.
Never loved the Bayside Expo center, But I can't remember where it ever was before that...
Smaller location and parking is $$$$

wa-loaf

It's been at the World Trade Center in the Seaport for the last few years. Bayside got torn down like 10 years ago.

Boston Common Garage is a great and cheap place to park. Walk or take the t for a couple stops.

Dickc

Wow. @ The Hynes.
Never loved the Bayside Expo center, But I can't remember where it ever was before that...
Smaller location and parking is $$$$
I used to go with my Dad FIFTY years ago, and it was always at the Hynes then as Bayside and the current Expo center were not even yet on the drawing board. Yikes I'm getting old!

Smellytele

Are there going to be ski area booths? I don’t see any mention of them. That made up 85% of what was at the old one. Not sure I want to sit(or stand more likely) to hear people babble.

Last edited:

Juntaclause

wa-loaf

Are there going to be ski area booths? I don’t see any mention of them. That made up 85% of what was at the old one. Not sure I want to sit(or stand more likely) to hear people babble.
I don't think it's going to be as big as in the past. Seems like a rebuilding year. But there should be plenty of equipment vendors and the usual ski area representation. Though it looks to be dominated by IKON pass areas as they are a major sponsor. There's going to be a more participatory stuff like an indoor ski slope, XC ski simulator and skate park kind of things.

Smellytele

I don't think it's going to be as big as in the past. Seems like a rebuilding year. But there should be plenty of equipment vendors and the usual ski area representation. Though it looks to be dominated by IKON pass areas as they are a major sponsor. There's going to be a more participatory stuff like an indoor ski slope, XC ski simulator and skate park kind of things.
Is there a list of who (ski areas) will be there?

darent

It's been at the World Trade Center in the Seaport for the last few years. Bayside got torn down like 10 years ago.

Boston Common Garage is a great and cheap place to park. Walk or take the t for a couple stops.
where is the Hynes, can't place it ?

wa-loaf

Note the free ticket discount expires on September 30th and switches to 50% off. If you're thinking of going grab your tickets now.

skef

Looks like they've filled up most of the booths.

Just realized today I'll be attending a wedding that weekend and won't be able to go! Let me know how that Indoor Slope works out...

floorplan.PNG
Full floorplan