• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bolton Valley 1-30-2016

bdfreetuna

Facebook post:

Great day skiing with my Dad Peter Pelland at Bolton Valley today.

His legs burned out faster than mine, we poached a couple runs. Powder and packed power everywhere. Launched the 10 foot cliff off Vista Glades twice, lost both skies both times (need to tighten up those DIN settings!). Peter Skied Devil's Playground which is some hardcore <><> woods, real steep, conditions were great. Proud of my father. Today was a blessing.

20160130_135932.jpg20160130_140004.jpg

Warp Daddy

Awesome good for you guys make memories !

My absolute favorite thing to do is to ski with my sons and two college aged grandboyz, our posse skis about 3- 4 days a yr road trips !

bdfreetuna

There were many "closed" trails at Bolton that IMO were totally ready to go. Poached TNT (closed, no reason why) and poached Adam's Solitude. No reason for any of those trails to be closed. Talked to ski patrol prior and they said "go for it, let us know how it is if you see us later".

Hey but at least we got first tracks on fresh pow. My Dad worries about ducking closed lines; but I'm a good convincer :)

Several yard sales today but it was a blast.

Wilderness chair never opened all day... "Not enough snow up there"

Are you kidding me?

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Nice TR. The real question is if your Dad skied Tuna Speed or not?

And it sounds like you've worn out your bindings if they are ejecting you after mad air. ;)