• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nashoba - 3-24-2013

Bostonian

Date(s) Skied: 3-24-2013

Resort or Ski Area:
Nashoba Westford MA

Conditions:
Spring/Corn

Trip Report:
Decided to hit up Nashoba for a couple of hours before they closed for the season. Ended up lapping the two runs from the main triple, which included the bumps. Not being a bump skier, it was a lot of fun, although a bit of work for me. As someone else posted last week, Nashoba is a fun place to hit despite its vertical. Ended up having nearly the whole ski area to myself before they closed up shop at 5pm for the season. Here are some pictures of the 2 hour stint.

FB_IMG_13641517157257235.jpg

IMG_20130324_151147.jpg

IMG_20130324_152504.jpg

IMG_20130324_152509.jpg

IMG_20130324_152944.jpg

Warp Daddy

Looks pretty fair for this late. Nashoba is about a mile or less from my daughters home so i have skied it a few times with the grandkids . Short , some steepness on the front side but convenient. Now when we are visiting there its either Wawa or Gunstock

hammer

Looks pretty fair for this late. Nashoba is about a mile or less from my daughters home so i have skied it a few times with the grandkids . Short , some steepness on the front side but convenient. Now when we are visiting there its either Wawa or Gunstock
If you like Wachusett I think you would also like Crotched...would be a longer drive from Westford than Wachusett but shorter than Gunstock. Was just at Crotched yesterday and they had tons of snow.

Those bumps at Nashoba are really good for those learning, not too steep or long and it's easy to bail out if need be.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'm glad you had a good time. Looks like you hit the perfect, end of season day. Nashoba is a ski-school factory and money machine. It looks like all the kids were gone by the time you hit it. I'll bet weekday mornings are nice.

IMO, Nashoba is perhaps the scariest place I've ever skied at. The number of out of control, nowhere to go skiers and boarders is frightening. I swore off the place after three afternoons when my kids were in ski school. After that, I just pulled the car up to the bunny slope, watched the kids and stayed warm.

jack97

NV does make their money from the ski programs. So to take advantage of that, lapping that place after 5:00 pm is great. You practically have the place to yourself, lifts are ski on.

I use to take my daughter there when she started to ski. Ever since I remember, on a good snow season, they will leave one trail to bump up. Look for it next season after a good dump. It's a good mogul trail.

jack97

If you like Wachusett I think you would also like Crotched...would be a longer drive from Westford than Wachusett but shorter than Gunstock.

I would second trying out Crotched you like Wachusett. The place has less lines and slightly more variety over Wachusetts; Crotched has the glades and moguls once it snows. If they seed a bump field then it would make early season skiing more fun.

mlkrgr

Don't know if it is still like this but NV tends to have the worst lines on a Friday afternoon (as of a good 10 years ago). The line for the double in the blue square area would always wrap around and the fence such that the queue would always fill up; so they'd always have a good 5 minute wait on average. They used to run a t-bar right alongside it which would open to support the double and it would be almost dangerous w/ people unloading the t-bar right along where people would try to cross from the blue to black/vice versa area on top.

Went there once on a Wednesday night just to meet people

dlague

I would second trying out Crotched you like Wachusett. The place has less lines and slightly more variety over Wachusetts; Crotched has the glades and moguls once it snows. If they seed a bump field then it would make early season skiing more fun.

We skied there once this year to try the new HSQ and that thig flies 4 minutes to the summit (I know it is only a 1000 ft vert) and you lap that all day and be trashed by the time you are done. You can lap Pluto's Plunge for high speed laps of hit the park if you have tricks in you bag. The whole place is accessible from there!

dlague

BTW Gunstock is much bigger than the others mentioned, so runs are longer and the it has a bigger mountain feel!